Christmas means GRADES!

4 A's and one A- for the quarter :woohoo:

:goodjob: I personally have only had one university semester that went that well.

As for me, so far I am looking at an A in philosophy (although that isn't that fair since it is a bunch of fresh out of high school kids versus me, a fourth year). The rest of the subjects are still up in the air, but I should have at least one more A, an A-, maybe another A-, and a Bish grade (I forgot to do a stupid ass post-modernist discussion board post).

Straight B's. Not bad, but I was thinking I'd get at least two of those as A's. Oh well, next semester I'll step it up.

Principles of Biology - A
Principles of Biology Lab - D
College Algebra - B

I still can't believe I made it through Algebra with a B. All that hard work paid off! :D

Principles of Biology - A
Principles of Biology Lab - D
College Algebra - B

I still can't believe I made it through Algebra with a B. All that hard work paid off! :D

:goodjob: Well done! You're still a high-school senior, right? So these are from the local college?
Now about that Bio lab...

And how do you guys have grades already? I'm still mired in finals...

TWO MORE DAYS THEN I'M OUT OF HERE ONE PAPER AND ONE FINAL TO GO

Note to all college freshmen and entering college students: if you're not pre-med, don't try to take physics with the pre-meds. They'll be taking 14 hours to your 17, and eat you alive because they have more time to commit to each individual class...

Note to all college freshmen and entering college students: if you're not pre-med, don't try to take physics with the pre-meds. They'll be taking 14 hours to your 17, and eat you alive because they have more time to commit to each individual class...

Really? I'd think it would be the opposite. Most first year pre-meds are those idiots who think, "hey, wouldn't being a doctor be nice?", at least until they get a D- in (physics/chem/intro bio), and then decide that (history/sociology/anthropology) is more their speed. Seriously, at least here, a truly ridiculous percentage of students enter as "pre-meds," only to drop when they realize that being a pre-med requires (gasp!) aptitude in math and science.

Really? I'd think it would be the opposite. Most first year pre-meds are those idiots who think, "hey, wouldn't being a doctor be nice?", at least until they get a D- in (physics/chem/intro bio), and then decide that (history/sociology/anthropology) is more their speed. Seriously, at least here, a truly ridiculous percentage of students enter as "pre-meds," only to drop when they realize that being a pre-med requires (gasp!) aptitude in math and science.

I guess it varies between colleges and "environments". Here, General Chemistry is taken first and wipes out half of the premeds. Only the half that passes (the class is curved to the C- or D) goes on to Physics, so I'm competing with second-year pre-meds who have already passed through the trial that is Gen Chem.

I have the utmost respect for those guys, though. Three intro sequences (Chem I-II, Physics I-II, Bio I-II), the second-year Chemistry sequence (Organic I-II) and two upper-level biology courses? I couldn't hack that. I'll digress a bit: General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry are both curved to the C- or D here, so only the top one-fourth of entering premeds get through those two courses. It's brutal. I'm glad I never had ambitions to be a doctor.

Then again, they take a slightly easier sequence in calculus than the math majors. So I'm killing them on the calc front. :lol:

My main problem was that I tried to take three core courses for my econ/math major in my first semester of college, then pile on top of that a freshman writing seminar (required) and a lab science. I drastically underestimated the amount of time needed to do well in physics, especially when factoring in the time needed to do well in Intermediate Microeconomics.

No grades, but I got offered a no-strings full scholarship + $7500 per year stipend to the University of Michigan Law School today.

On a scale from 1-10 with ten being the highest, this is where I'm currently at. In order to pass to next year, I can maximally have one 5, or some more but then there are extra conditions in order to pass.
Religion: 6.4 The most stupid subject ever with the most stupid teacher ever. Although I am interested in religion in general, the way the subject is taught here is just not interesting.
Dutch: 7.6 Pretty hard.
Latin: 8.4 Sounds harder than it is, it is actually a very easy subject.
English: 8.9 Extremely easy.
French: 8.9 (actually an 8.8 but that's not official yet, and I'm supposed to get another grade for that soon so that'll change too) I find it rather easy unlike most students
Geography: 9.5 :wow: That one was because the one test we've gotten for that was extremely easy. I find the subject very hard however, and there's a hard test coming up.
Mathematics B: 7 Pretty hard, although an easy test is coming up (derived functions)
Chemistry: 8.4 I find this one very easy
Biology: 8.5 Not that hard either.
General Science: - Stupid subject created to fill things up.
Classic Culture: 9.4 (doesn't count in order to pass, but counts at the end of my last year) Pretty interesting.
PE: - I don't like PE.

I am supposed to get notes for French, English, Dutch and Chemistry very soon though. I'm in the middle of a test week.

No grades, but I got offered a no-strings full scholarship + $7500 per year stipend to the University of Michigan Law School today.

Did you go to a really good undergrad with high GPA and are you a minority and did you do lots of extracurric crap, or did you just ace the LSAT?

A smallish update just to put some standardized scores out there: The december SAT's just came online today, and I got a 790 in the Math Subject 2 test (only one I took). Should have had an 800, but its perfectly be fine.

I guess it varies between colleges and "environments". Here, General Chemistry is taken first and wipes out half of the premeds. Only the half that passes (the class is curved to the C- or D) goes on to Physics, so I'm competing with second-year pre-meds who have already passed through the trial that is Gen Chem.

I have the utmost respect for those guys, though. Three intro sequences (Chem I-II, Physics I-II, Bio I-II), the second-year Chemistry sequence (Organic I-II) and two upper-level biology courses? I couldn't hack that. I'll digress a bit: General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry are both curved to the C- or D here, so only the top one-fourth of entering premeds get through those two courses. It's brutal. I'm glad I never had ambitions to be a doctor.

I'd say intro chem and orgo are curved brutally pretty much everywhere, but I'd rather take it with dumb pre-meds than honest-to-god chem students. Of course, I haven't taken a real math or science course in my whole time at college, so I can't speak from experience.

I dont get Grades....

...I get annual employee reviews

Top Bottom