Chronicles of Mankind

Just extract it into CoM folder.
i got it now,, i had to move the 2 folders that was in the patch folder and move them to the com folder and told it to over ride the old files.

i left the "readme" file in the folder not sure that will effect anything in the long run but everything is working,, i am even able to continue playing the saved that were just crashing on me :)

Last edited:
i left the "readme" file in the folder not sure that will effect anything in the long run
No, that's only a 'readme' file, containing information what was changed. Has no effect on the game.

everything is working,, i am even able to continue playing the saved that were just crashing on me :)
Good to hear that :)
Have fun and please report your experienses, suggestions.

I feel that religions should be adjusted, because Christianity and Islam two biggest religions appear later than most others and they should have additional attractive bonuses to encourage people to switch on them and develop. I removed from apostolic palace global elective properties and convert it to main Christian bonus building. Added Global election building instead. I removed government center from zoroastrism and add it to apostolic palace along with other benefits. Zoroastrism is very small religious group now, and Apadana palace should not have such nice properties. Egypt myths and Greek ellinism already forgotten at all and should be very unattractive as state religions. And so on.

Errr... okay... I don't know what parts of my modmod did you use but enslavement is tricky. IIRC it was GlobalDefines.xml that defines the unit for enslavement. It defines not X_UNITCLASS but Xth (maybe 17th?) unit in the UnitTypes.xml. So if you add/remove units from the begining of the list the unit for enslavement is changed from Worker to... for example Caravan :).
I removed all added units in unitinfo.xml and then again any salves came from battle. Follow logic if with additional units slave unit was Caravan, than without them it falls to one of Corporation executives. So probably this is a reason why there are no slaves. So I added additional units (animals) back on their old place and at least will have Caravans as slaves.

I feel that religions should be adjusted, because Christianity and Islam two biggest religions appear later than most others and they should have additional attractive bonuses to encourage people to switch on them and develop. I removed from apostolic palace global elective properties and convert it to main Christian bonus building. Added Global election building instead. I removed government center from zoroastrism and add it to apostolic palace along with other benefits. Zoroastrism is very small religious group now, and Apadana palace should not have such nice properties. Egypt myths and Greek ellinism already forgotten at all and should be very unattractive as state religions. And so on.
Well, I do have plans to make religions mor attractive but I have no intention to emulate real history. Remember: This is a "What if...?" game. Assyria and Babylan are long gone for example, yet you can build the spaceship with them too; America on the other hand is very young, yet you can start the ancient era with it too.

I removed all added units in unitinfo.xml and then again any salves came from battle. Follow logic if with additional units slave unit was Caravan, than without them it falls to one of Corporation executives. So probably this is a reason why there are no slaves. So I added additional units (animals) back on their old place and at least will have Caravans as slaves.
Than place your Slaves before Caravans.

You can also put regular Workers there (they should be there originally) if you don't want a dedicated slave unit.
No, unit slave should be a Slave with a lot of different options to use, same as in C2C. Otherwise what I will do with so many workers? Just disband them for money.

Also it's nice idea to add Natural wonders, as done in C2C and civ5. Plus corresponding buildings. I think it's not very difficult, but give a lot of diversity.

Also it's nice idea to add Natural wonders, as done in C2C and civ5. Plus corresponding buildings. I think it's not very difficult, but give a lot of diversity.
I tried to add them before but failed because I am a python noob :sad:
Let me know if you manage to merge them.

still have a problem with the free city it cashes the game when you try to build one,, you can but it in que but wants the city starts to build it the game crashes

i know i said i able to keep going father on some past saved games but i wasnt able to make it that much father, i kind of think it either because there might have been a few more options for the ai to build or that since the court houses got moved to a later tech it just gave more time before the ai could or want to build a free city

i was wondering if there was a way i could removed that building from the game?

i was wondering if there was a way i could removed that building from the game?
You can edit the xml file. Outcommenting the building is simple. There are tutorials how to add/change things in the game.

You can edit the xml file. Outcommenting the building is simple. There are tutorials how to add/change things in the game.
really got to explain a little where this tutorial in the game nor in the files/folders of the game or else where

both fff and uuu were started before the patch. the 2 geman are of the same game 1 was reloaded from the farthest auto saved and played from there to the point it started to crash again

the rometest has the free city in que for the next turn, which you can just hit enter or clear the que and start the free city and watch the game shut down

Attachments

• fff.CivBeyondSwordSave
    532.9 KB · Views: 75
  • geman 1 city.CivBeyondSwordSave
    520.9 KB · Views: 131
  • geman f.CivBeyondSwordSave
    517.3 KB · Views: 146
  • JAPAN 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    580.3 KB · Views: 161
  • uuu.CivBeyondSwordSave
    612.1 KB · Views: 91
  • rome test.CivBeyondSwordSave