1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronicles of Mankind

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by Zeta Nexus, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

CoM is based on AND. It has everything, that AND2 has.
    Okay, has around 99.9% what AND2 has, since I have removed originan (corporation like) Guilds andreplaced them whit a different approach. But CoM still has guilds, just different: more logical, now you need Guilds civic for individual guilds buildings.

So just download CoM and the patch. Install. Enjoy. And please give feedback about what you like or don't like.
    Have fun! :)

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Wow! I have found the cause of the CTD! It'a a really tricky one :eek:
    I have attached a Hotfix that will let your games continue.
    Just extract it to your CoM folder and say 'Yes' for overwriting.
    Let me know if it worked.

Attached Files:

Alpaya likes this.
  3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

BTW: What are your experiences with Great Hunters? I feel it's too easy to get too many of them. I'm thinking of reducing the chances of getting one with Hunting II and III promotions, they encrease the chanses too much.

4. alstone

alstone Chieftain

thank you very much

with the great hunters it is too easy to get to many,,, it would be nice if it worked on a scale like great people or general ( cause it is nice to get one right away) i try to save them for a unite making city but the cost of having the extra unites becomes too much but i do end up having to use them and i end up having to make workers or traders because i cant afford to let my city grow any more.. in one game i had like 2k gold and no were near learning currency

on the topic of stuff the :city state: cost too much to pick its just not worth picking in till way after monarchy, not till you can build a courthouse.. not so bad as a human because you just dont pick it, but the ai picks it right away it just slows them down. by the time they are able to build a second city there is no room for them to build one

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

At first I tried to do it that way: killing animals gave Great Hunter :gpp: in the nearest city along with yields. This would be a nice solution because Great Hunters would be one of the many Great People, so if you do a lot of hunting you get Great Hunters, but not Great Prophets and so on.
    But I rejected this solution because it mess up the :gp: bar. After a while it was showing things like: [ 682% Great Hunter, 42% Great Prophet ]
    Do you think it would worth sacrificing the :gp: bar for balance? :rolleyes:
    I'm leaning to do so. And IIRC the bar was reset after popping a Great Person. So I think it would be messy only in the early game.

6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

You are playing on Small map size, right? The mod wasn't designed for that.
    Play on at least Normal size and you will see that City-state is a step up from Chiefdom because City-state lets you settle more cities. The game scales the number of cities to settle for map size, which on Small is probably 0 (=unlimited) for Chieftain and 1 for C-s.

7. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

I think great engineer and diplomat should have buildings to build, so I added Manufacture (+25% hummers, +4 hummers) and Local Administration (reduce maintains nearest cities, +small gold) as their buildings correspondingly. Also increased number of Academies allowed to build to 3 to accommodate great scientists. Manufacture also 3 allowed.

8. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Hmmm... maybe. I will consider those.

I think Great Hunter should have a building or two to build. Any suggestions?

9. alstone

alstone Chieftain

i was able to start building the free citys but was not able to continue the saved games.. i did start a couple new games but still get to a point i cant pass,, sending the latest one which is the farthest iv even gotten on the timeline, about 1600 ad

Attached Files:

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Okay! I'll take a look...

11. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I tried several things with your savegame, but it alway froze up when hitting end turn.
    So you could not continue that game even from an other earlier savegem either?

I really clueless about it because when I was running test games with AI autoplay it got far further on bigger maps (around the mid/late renaissance) before I abandoned those tests.

12. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Okay, I made some thorough testing and found that AND2 is the one buggy not my modifications. Both AND2 and CoM was crashing at around turn 250. It's not something I can fix. I hope that 45 can.

13. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Something like Hunting Lodge in all cities, that gives promotions, food etc

14. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

That sounds too generic. I want something more wonder-ish. National or world wonder.

15. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Looks like Natural Wonders added as Features of terrine. It could be just a question how to make this feature unique in the world. Will play with this.

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

That was solved with python coding but I could not merge that :-/

17. stormfallen

stormfallen Chieftain

When starting the game from the launcher, I get a large number (40+) of XML call error messages:
    Spoiler :
    upload_2019-5-4_9-23-45.png

I don't think this is affecting the game, besides being annoying.

Also, changing the terrain option in the launcher doesn't change it in-game, it's stuck on the default (Sparth, I think).

18. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Probably a bad installation. Re-installing it may fix that.
    Does it also happen for you when launching the mod from BtS?

19. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

In the middle and late games I have a problem with huge amount of small low cost buildings. So I decided obsolete some of them and for the rest create special buildings that will provide these small ones in all towns. Like Elementary Education building will provide School of Scribes in all towns + small bonus where build. All these new buildings should be build only by Great people. Hopefully will not break game balance.

20. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I understand your point. Though I don't want to follow that path you just gave me some good ideas :thumbsup: