Chronicles of Mankind

I can't answer it myself. Haven't played/tested the trans-human era for a long time. Anyone else?

Actually dictatorships (autocracies) are far more stable than democracies. Democracies are easier to exploit.
It's stable based on game speed. I've run multiple games in the TH Era without issue.

Not entirely accurate. You need to be really paying attention to your sub-category civics, or it can come around and bite you in the ass and you'll wind up losing part of your empire to to civil unrest.

When I launched the game it had several critical errors as if the files were missing
Sounds like the possibility of a) Not updated to 3.19 patch, or b) your winzip isn't updated to 64 bit.

So I was thinking a little more about Oligarhcy...

The original idea was (and still is) that Autocracy favors wide empires, Democracy favors tall empires, and Oligarchy is the middle way. Unfortunately this makes Oligarchy kind of useless/meaningless.

Here's an idea of making it a little more interesting is to rework events a little. Many events are about something bad happening and you have to solve the situation. Now most events have only 1 good choice while the others are just bad / less favorable and your choice is not a real strategic decision. It's like: "What do you want? 5 :gold:, 20 :gold: or 100 :gold:?"

Many / most of the events could be reworked to have 4 or 5 options:

1. [BAD STUFF] You don't do anything about the situation. Face some serious penalties.
  2. [NEUTRAL] You solve the problem by spending a lot of money on it.
  3. [AUTOCRACY] You force your will on your subjects to get things done. Costs nothing but causes some temporary anger.
  4. [OLIGARCHY] Your supporters persuade the right people to do the right thing. Costs nothing.
  5. [DEMOCRACY] You spend lots of resources on convincing your voters to do what has to be done. Costs less than [NEUTRAL].
So there would be always at least 2 or 3 options available: Bad stuff, Neutral and a civic specific one.

I still don't feel that it would make Oligarchy so much more desirable though :(

Let me know what you think.

Top Bottom