Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using this mod for a while now, and I've noticed that whenever a city (or at least my capital) goes into resistance, my game crashes to the desktop. Is there a solution for this?

over 1100

Is that... is that even possible? Isn't the scale -100 - 100?

I've been using this mod for a while now, and I've noticed that whenever a city (or at least my capital) goes into resistance, my game crashes to the desktop. Is there a solution for this?

Why do you think it's caused by my mod?

I've found a bug playing the Papal States. The Apostolic Palace doesn't have the +20% loyalty like the regular Palace.

Never thought I'd say that I'm glad to see Slavery has returned. What is the Stone Town wonder historically? And how will you represent conscription, since it's rather involuntary, but it's not slavery.

Also, why can only city-states be enslaved? There'd be nothing more satisfying than enslaving every single inhabitant of Hiawatha's and Ram's forward settles. Plus conquering city-states is not something you'd usually do. By the way, slavery should generate unhappines later in the game somehow. Of course, this means there should also be an "Abolish Slavery" decision, and if possible, slavery should be frowned upon by civilizations that have already abolished it.

Minor gripe - "Settler disables at astronomy" should be disabled with CBP, as otherwise you can build Settlers after Pioneers (level 2 settlers in CBP) are available (Banking).

Question: is it possible to make the upgraded settlers in CBP always found colonies, like your Colonist does?

I played a game this weekend with the updated versions. I had a much harder time keeping Crime under control in this game, despite having all the appropriate buildings, Wonders, and policies (even the new one for Freedom) - still had the Mafia popping up in my two largest cities and Terrorists showing up in one of the cities I conquered. I was a bit surprised how low my Fraud was though considering how much Science my capital was pumping out. Anyhow, it kept things interesting.

Did you remove the ability for Magistrates to upgrade Cities, because that wasn't working for me. Also I couldn't assimilate my colony at all. Even after enacting De-Colonization, it remained a colony and sending a Dignitary didn't do anything either. Has anyone else reported a problem with that? It was my only city to have loyalty issues, because it was so far away from the Capital.

I played a game this weekend with the updated versions. I had a much harder time keeping Crime under control in this game, despite having all the appropriate buildings, Wonders, and policies (even the new one for Freedom) - still had the Mafia popping up in my two largest cities and Terrorists showing up in one of the cities I conquered. I was a bit surprised how low my Fraud was though considering how much Science my capital was pumping out. Anyhow, it kept things interesting.

I've artificially lowered the Science check, because Science is usually much higher than other yields.

Minor gripe - "Settler disables at astronomy" should be disabled with CBP, as otherwise you can build Settlers after Pioneers (level 2 settlers in CBP) are available (Banking).

Question: is it possible to make the upgraded settlers in CBP always found colonies, like your Colonist does?

I'll look into it.

I just wish we could bring back more Resolutions for the WC and UN

I think I'll need to add a project which universally abolishes Slavery. At the civilization level, that's a job for Sovereignty.

Also, why can only city-states be enslaved? There'd be nothing more satisfying than enslaving every single inhabitant of Hiawatha's and Ram's forward settles. Plus conquering city-states is not something you'd usually do. By the way, slavery should generate unhappines later in the game somehow. Of course, this means there should also be an "Abolish Slavery" decision, and if possible, slavery should be frowned upon by civilizations that have already abolished it.

Oh! Whoops. Copy-paste error from the Satellites option as described in the Misc. section. You can enslave anyone.

Never thought I'd say that I'm glad to see Slavery has returned. What is the Stone Town wonder historically? And how will you represent conscription, since it's rather involuntary, but it's not slavery.

Stone Town was one of the most lucrative slave (and spices/cloves) hubs in the British Empire during the 19th century.

The component is still developing*, but Slavery is intended to replace Gold Purchases outright (of units; won't be touching tiles or buildings) - and ideally is to be combined with RtP for access to Mercenaries. Conscription I don't think should be represented at this point - between the professional army, the slave army, the mercenary army, and the levied army, I think there's more than enough ways of acquire military units. But maybe a reform can provide something.

*So, you know, ideas welcome :D Still trying to work out the economic side to Slavery (other than the Slave Worker).

Personally, I think Lomboko Fortress would be neat wonder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomboko
But maybe that's just because I enjoyed Amistad so much :p

Are enslaved cities basically Slave Colonies? How do they work, once enslaved, will there be a City View button to, er, harvest as it were?

If your Civ (Or the world) abolishes slavery, can you return to the old way of purchasing units? Or will that be strictly relegated to the Mercs? I'm just going to miss rush buying permanent units :3 And I'm guessing any mod that provides discounts to purchasing units will need to be updated as well?

As for further ideas, I suggested this a while back, but is there any way to have a Slave Worker perpetually work a luxury or resource tile to model how slaves were used as cheap labor? Or simply have a Slave Reform that provides benefits to Plantations and Mines and the like.

Economic wise, I'm not that familiar with how the economics of the slave trade worked. I presume it works as: Have Slave resources, trade/sell them to a buyer. They get cheap labor, you get cash. But if anyone can create slaves, why buy them from someone else? Maybe if you use slaves from your own culture/civ, there are penalties to happiness (I'd presume that IRL it's far more palpable to enslave someone you don't consider to be part of your race). This would force players to seek Slaves elsewhere.

When sending a Caravan or Tradeship from an Enslaved City somewhere else, would slaves be part of that? You could create Slave Trading hubs by allowing it so that when you send Ships and Caravans to Slave Trading Hubs, you get a small bonus to production in the city. This would entice civs to trade with you. The more slaves you have, the more gold you will get and the more production they would get.

I think Conscription should be represented via Reform. Bonus to troop production, increase in unhappiness/local unhappiness.
Of course that's rather cut and dry. Any way to make a Conscription reform affect different Local Happiness? Like Canada during WW1, Conscription was massively unpopular amongst Francophone's (Well, no one liked it, but French speaking Canadians least of all). This is probably getting far too complicated, but if your still toying around with different Ethnic Groups in a city, when enforcing Conscription vs a certain culture type different from your own and a cities majority Ethnic Group is that culture type, local unhappiness becomes much higher.

Additional thoughts:

Can you enslave Tribes? Or do they just represented via Consulates again? (Which I'm glad they're back)

Can certain Province Levels retain a certain number of slaves?

Should there be a Slave Trading building to allow trading of slaves internationally?

Personally, I think Lomboko Fortress would be neat wonder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomboko
But maybe that's just because I enjoyed Amistad so much :p

Are enslaved cities basically Slave Colonies? How do they work, once enslaved, will there be a City View button to, er, harvest as it were?

If your Civ (Or the world) abolishes slavery, can you return to the old way of purchasing units? Or will that be strictly relegated to the Mercs? I'm just going to miss rush buying permanent units :3 And I'm guessing any mod that provides discounts to purchasing units will need to be updated as well?

As for further ideas, I suggested this a while back, but is there any way to have a Slave Worker perpetually work a luxury or resource tile to model how slaves were used as cheap labor? Or simply have a Slave Reform that provides benefits to Plantations and Mines and the like.

Economic wise, I'm not that familiar with how the economics of the slave trade worked. I presume it works as: Have Slave resources, trade/sell them to a buyer. They get cheap labor, you get cash. But if anyone can create slaves, why buy them from someone else? Maybe if you use slaves from your own culture/civ, there are penalties to happiness (I'd presume that IRL it's far more palpable to enslave someone you don't consider to be part of your race). This would force players to seek Slaves elsewhere.

You're probably overthinking what 'Enslave City' means - it just exchanges that city's population for sum slaves. It shows up alongside 'Puppet City,' 'Annex City,' etc.

I don't think so. I like the way in which this forces you into a professional army by the late game (assuming there's reason enough to stop using slaves) - rush-buying Mercs is painful to my immersion. Those mods would, and if they're mine, they will (Switzerland already accomodates Mercenaries' option to disable gold purchasing).

Slave Worker already is cheap labour; it's just a way to make that mean something in the late-game, when Workers are easy to produce, that I need to come up with. Maybe Workers should scale in production cost...

By Economic I was meaning more on the industry side of things. You can trade Slaves with other civs (useful if you, yourself, are not a conqueror - in which case you wouldn't have access to Slaves you accrue yourself). You don't pull Slaves from your own pop (Sparta hasn't been released :p); you get them from conquered cities; either ones you conquer yourself, or ones that others have conquered and traded to you (also from barbarian encampments, but not as many).

Additional thoughts:

Can you enslave Tribes? Or do they just represented via Consulates again? (Which I'm glad they're back)

Can certain Province Levels retain a certain number of slaves?

Should there be a Slave Trading building to allow trading of slaves internationally?

Possibly... Depends on the cross-mod effort. Regardless, Consulates will be back.

Despite their being in CID, Slaves are a global resource, just spent at the local level.

Nope.

TXT_KEY_CBP_ISSUES_INCOMING

CID seems to have issues with TXT_KEYs. It doesn't actually impede gameplay at all, but it is a bit annoying.

Spoiler :
(where the turn counter should be)
Spoiler :

These screenshots were taken with only the 6 CBP mods, EUI, and RtP, CiD, ExCE, and Cultural Diversity enabled. Taking away the CBP mods (other than the CP of course) fixes the issue.

EDIT: It seems I was beat to reporting this. Don't trust the search feature, or you'll end up like me :lol:

Any ideas what's going on with these interface errors? See the image below. The issues:

http://imgur.com/FpupsU9

1) You can see there's something going on under the city name - that's where the cursor is, and it's creating this weird black box.

2) Food yield is missing on the top left.

3) The text under Neutral is...weird.

I have the CP suite installed, as well as IGE, E&D, CD, EXCE, RtP and Really Advanced Setup. The issues are coming from CiD, since I unchecked that one mod and the issues went away. I followed the instructions about copying and pasting the files in the override folder, so I'm not sure what else I can do.

So I was fiddling around tonight, practicing with some icon-making, and I decided to toss one together for an CiD idea I've been mulling over the past couple days.

Since the Health add-on is changing how Food / Growth oriented buildings are working, I was thinking of a new Food Building chain. It'd start with Granary, then Windmill, then a new building - the Grain Elevator. The Grain Elevator would provide a large boost to food production but requires a Railroad connection as well as a Windmill (basically it does for Food what Railroads already do for Production).

If you're interested, here's the icon:

I'm still tinkering with it, if you'd like some changes. Can't make any promises, but I'll do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom