City Building Options

City Building Options

• The Governors should use there best judgement when chosing pollable build options. (Currently)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Same as above...but include double the options.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Include ALL possible options for the city.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Someone post a screenshot of ALL possible options. Either in the same thread, or elsewhere. (Gover

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To make informed voted, the options must be availible.

The polls can handle up to 20 varibles, they should be used.

I disagree.

I think the governors should be able to choose WHAT they want to build....and maybe even remove the other option all together. They ARE the governor....and if their say means nothing (they just post everything) then they are going to get bored...and really un-needed. Anyone can post ALL the options. But it take brains to pick and choose the best possibilities.

But I think the options should be doubled....so instead of 4-5...there should be like 8-10 options. :)

Current system is good IMHO. Governours should have some power I think. And since we should all think carefully before voting, you could just use that "other"-option if your option is not availible. ;)

Here is a discussion me and AoA had. We have differing opinions...(as usual) but everyone can benefit from this info.

As said over MSN today. :)
[01:32 PM] AoA: Your attempting to turn the game into a republic
[01:33 PM] CornMaster: no...I'm trying to make the game fun for all...
[01:33 PM] CornMaster: Who would want to be a governor if they just posted everything? That would be boring...and they would be un-needed.
[01:33 PM] CornMaster: People still vote for ALL decisions. The Governor would just limit unnecessary options.
[01:33 PM] AoA: The govs can recommend in the text what they think is best, but put all options foward
[01:34 PM] CornMaster: But their recommendations carry no weight....unless it counted for multiple votes...and that's no good.
[01:35 PM] AoA: can't be a democracy the other way, that is a Republic
[01:36 PM] CornMaster: Everything is STILL voted on. No decisions are to be made by the governors...the people still have the voting power. It's the governors job to limit the unnecessary info to them.
[01:37 PM] AoA: The build options are pertinent. By putting "other", you limit the voters
[01:37 PM] CornMaster: that's why I also suggested the screenshot or list of all build possibilites. People can put whatever they want in other.
[01:37 PM] AoA: Not every military unit needs listing, but civic improvements should be there
[01:38 PM] AoA: It's simpler and cleaner to have it in the poll
[01:38 PM] CornMaster: would you mind if I posted this conversation? It could give the votes some good insite?
[01:39 PM] AoA: go ahead. CORN IS A TYRANT.
[01:39 PM] CornMaster: I'll leave that out :p
[01:39 PM] AoA: ha ha, ok

I don't mind the current system but I can see that it will be more useful if the options are doubled because it will lessen the other votes. However I do not believe we need all the options becausewe are unlikely to build some options eg Will anyone really want to build a warrior? or later in the game there is no point in posting options to build a library and a university because a library would always be built first.

You misunderstand.

Military unit would suffice, not the listing of "warrior" and such, and you can't say "University" if no library is built, so it's not a legit option.

But, other things can and SHOULD be listed.

See? Confusion if things aern't spelled out, proving my point.

I like the current system. The "other" option gives a lot of flexibility to the citizen's choice, but in the other side the limited number of "regular" options gives a guidance as to what the governor expects from the city.

It keeps the production polling democratic AND allows the governor some power. Cornmaster makes a lot of good points, but eliminating the "other" option is anti-democratic.

I think that city polls are pretty cool for now. If we ever get to like 50+ cities we'll be looking into voting for production queues - anything to lessen the amount of polling.

By putting the "other (specify)" as a choice, it allows for any/all possibilities. I've seen several polls thus far in which "other" has won.

The only concern is if someone votes for something that's not available. Someone mentioned here that they were voting for granaries before we has discovered pottery. However, it should be the responsibility of the citizen to know the possibilities, and that of the governor to slate some of the better options.

I really don't think it's broke, so no need to fix it.

I agree with Cornmaster on the general part ,agree with Acm on the "other" notion ,and agree in some extent with Cunobelin's notion of the cutback needs.I don't think we need much reformation on the on the general gouvernor's department ,if we should reform we should definatly aim to cut down the workload ,while absolutly still maintaining the democractic side of the department and maintaining a clear overview on the decission making and a standarized naming convention.And this all must be at east a bit entertaining for the gouvernor itself.

So much vote's for every city poll would be very frustrating work for the gouvernor's (5city poll's x 20 option's =100 option's overall ,a lot of work when a gouvernor posts all those poll's at the same moment (and most leader's post all their info at one short time)).i like the system where the gouvernor proposes some limited option's ,i have been for that rule from the very begining of the game and always pushed my gouvernor's for doing it this way.
Eventually we must keep this game fun for the leader's to.More fun in leadership position's=more public interrest in those position's=more player's getting involved==essential for the game in a whole.

Anyway ,i'm very hapy with the our progressive gouverment at this moment.It's seems that the gouvermental system is getting more and more balanced ,and were becomming better politician's in overall.

Option 2.. It's all about comprimise and the governors are voted into these positions because we all respect their judgement on such matters. If they do miss out critical options then no doubt that somebody would point it out and the options could be changed accordingly.

The problem with 50+ cities in the late game would be the volume of polls.. This is why we have chosen a route of build queues...right!!!

Top Bottom