City center yield not added

I got the same issue in my current game. I got a number of cities in a peace treaty, razed all but one, and the one that I kept never got anything from the city square. Eventually I razed it and settled my own city on the same tile.

Hello everybody
First I'd like to apologize for my potential language mistakes: I'm French and far from fluent in english.
I would like to submit a bug (or at least sthg I consider a bug).
I am playing Civ5 1.0.1.167 version, with Ghandi, prince level.
In the war against one of my neighbours (China), I took from them the city of CHENGDU.
Now here is the weird thing that happened: the tile where the city is settled appears to be totally unproductive.
As you will see on the screenshot attached, there is no food, no money, and no production at all on this tile.
It wouldn't bother me if it'd be only a screen bug. The problem is that it DOES have an impact on the city's development (especially the missing food !). As you can see in the upper left corner, total food produced in this city only reaches 11. It would be 13 if the city's tile were included, but it's not.
Have you ever encountered this bug before?
Note that I don't have this bug with other occupied cities. Chengdu is the only example.
Thanks very much for your consideration everybody!

Attachments

• ScreenshotCiv5.jpg
    ScreenshotCiv5.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 261
Has anyone ever seen this bug when they conquer a city?

Mine happened when I got it in a peace treaty and the city was 5 hexes away from the next closest city (their capital). I razed and resettled.

I caught this bug in action. Seems to be a load error.

I have 2 coastal cities and Merchant's Navy. Loading up AutoSave 121, my captial has 28 production and the secondary has 15 (building a settler, so it's actually has 12 + 3 food). If I just keep pressing "Next Turn" they continue to have 28 and 15. However, if I go back and load the next turn, AutoSave 122, they drop to 25 and 12.

So far, it seems like every turn after that, any save drops the production - sometimes only with 1 city, sometimes both, sometimes including the Palace production. Not sure yet if it's completely random or if there's an underlying reason.

Also, it seemed that changing worked tiles would trigger the bug. Wasn't really testing at that point, so not 100% (or even 50%) sure. (Hard to test considering how long it takes to load... seriously, Alpha Centauri had weather systems and could load in 1/100 of the time...)

Haama, your save is listed as "unavailable".

There have been a few downloads, and it popped up for me just now, so it seems to be working. Unfortunately, that site limits to 1 downloader at a time. Try again later is all I can say (will move file to here once it's available).

Attachments should be working again, so here's the save.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0121 AD-0150.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 246
Was this problem ever fixed? It still seems to be a problem with two cities Washington just gave me as part a peace treaty in a game I started a couple of hours ago. I am running the game through Steam and it is fully patched.

Spoiler :

I can also confirm that this bug is still around with 1.0.1.275.

I got the city also from a peace treaty.

Attachments

• BugNahrungStadtfeld.jpg
    BugNahrungStadtfeld.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for confirming. I posted to the 2K forums in the official bug thread but I wasn't able to send in a saved game. If you still have yours please send it their way. That way it might get fixed.

OK, no problem.

I have sent Grek the attached save game (1.0.1.275) that is immediatly before the offered peace treaty.
As you finish the current draw, Polynesia will offer a peacy treaty with offering two towns. The city hex of the town Raiatea will not be worked weather you puppet it or not.

Attachments

• Alexander_0128 - 0325 n. Chr..Civ5Save
    426.9 KB · Views: 229
This bug is still present in 1.0.1.383. I was gifted Susa as part of a peace deal. Republic is the only policy effecting cities. Production should be at 7.35 and surplus food at +5. City centre is not being worked. Even if annexed with a courthouse, the city tile still doesn't contribute. The city I puppeted before the peace deal acts as normal.

Spoiler :

I can't seem to reproduce it working from an earlier save. I didn't catch it till quite a bit after the fact, but I'll keep playing from an earlier save and keep an eye on Susa to see if I can trigger the bug again. I do still have the save with the bug active, if anyone wants me to upload it somewhere.

I just recently found out about this bug on another thread. Someone said they believed it still existed, so I played a game until I was offered some cities for peace and found that it does still exist.

I just realized I should have saved the game before I accepted the peace offer. The save is from several turns later because I was -27 happiness and wanted to be sure the math was right. Anyway, I'm wondering why it's listed as fixed. Was it fixed at one time and then broken again or is there some other reason why it's back in some games?

London (conquered)
http://i.imgur.com/ncpMu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AEqq2.jpg

Hastings (acquired)
http://i.imgur.com/63iTT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gMoat.jpg

Attachments

• Catherine_0220 AD-0700.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 181
First, I am running 1.0.1.383 and this bug still exists.

I have a fairly well documented case: I was trying an HOF game so I have autosave files from every turn. I am playing Persia and when Wu capitulated to me on turn 121 she gifted Guangzhou. (maybe this is only an issue with gifted cities ??). In the turn 120 savefile (the start of turn121), Guangzhou is size4, and, in the turn 121 savefile (after Wu capitulates), Guangzhou is size3. The size continues to drop until it reaches an equalibrium at size2.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0120 AD-1200 persia.Civ5Save
    787.5 KB · Views: 209
  • AutoSave_0121 AD-1220 persia.Civ5Save
    793.3 KB · Views: 195
Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that any time that I have been gifted a city that this has been an issue. This is not an issue with conquered cities (or even cities that I gift away).

I encountered the same bug just today. I was wondering why the puppeted city of Philadelphia wasn't producing anything, so I annexed it and started looking around the city screen, and noticed that it wasn't producing a single hammer, even though the city tile itself showed 2 hammers. Didn't check the other yields, was too pissed off and quit the game for tonight.

And I got Philly from a peace treaty with Washington.

So I guess the bug is NOT fixed.

It seems the only way around this would be to load the game at a time before the peace treaty with Warmonger, some 20 turns, and conquer the city...no way, might as well start a new one, it was getting too easy anyway.

This really is an annoying little bug.

I encountered the same bug just today. I was wondering why the puppeted city of Philadelphia wasn't producing anything, so I annexed it and started looking around the city screen, and noticed that it wasn't producing a single hammer, even though the city tile itself showed 2 hammers. Didn't check the other yields, was too pissed off and quit the game for tonight.

And I got Philly from a peace treaty with Washington.

I think this may have been a result of unrest. Even when a city is gifted, then there is a number of turns of unrest equal to the population. During this time, no :c5production: :c5culture: :c5gold: :c5science: are generated by the city, though happiness buildings will contribute :c5happy:, and trade routes will produce :c5gold:. However, the city still generates :c5food: during this time.

Top Bottom