City center yield not added

I think this may have been a result of unrest. Even when a city is gifted, then there is a number of turns of unrest equal to the population. During this time, no :c5production: :c5culture: :c5gold: :c5science: are generated by the city, though happiness buildings will contribute :c5happy:, and trade routes will produce :c5gold:. However, the city still generates :c5food: during this time.

After reading this I had to go and check, although I was pretty sure that enough time had passed (around 20 turns is quite a bit for a size 3 city to be in resistance). Plus I checked all the other yields and it's definitely "the bug". The city center tile yields (food, production, gold) are NOT added, but everything else is.

The Bug still exists in Version 1.0.1.511

After being gifted a city for a peace treaty, the city center does not produce anything.
Even after the revolution is over. As a result the city shrunk from 4 population to 1.

So why is this thread labeled as [FIXED] ?

Because one of the users here was so friendly to go through some of the bugs and test if they still exist. This one here seemed to be fixed.
If it isn't, then it would probably be helpful if you had a savegame of this situation.

Here is the save game and a screen shot.
The city name is Cumae

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0536 AD-1180.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
  • Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 362
Unfortunately I don't have Save file or a Screenshot

But this happened to me in a recent G+Ks game

Monty went to war with me and lost so gifted 3 cities I had ample happiness so puppeted all 3 and one of the puppets with population 1 wasn't producing anything so I went into the screen to investigate and its had 0 production and 0 growth because it was selecting a 2 food 2 Gold 0 Production and the central tile that should have been producing 3 Production and 2 Food wasn't being added to the total.

So not Fixed IMO.

The bug definitely exists in G&Ks. I got gifted Jenne and Kumbi Saleh in a peace treaty, and both cities are afflicted with missing city tile yields.

Save file attached.

Attachments

• kumbisaleh_wtf.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 272
Yep, the BUG still works! After several patches and an expansion, this annoying little thing is still alive and kicking. Brilliant! I won't even bother posting a save as it's a complete waste of time and effort. Better just get used to it and not accept cities in peace treaties at all. Or just resell them to someone else. Or just plain quit playing this game.

Thank you Firaxis, 2K or whoever. You're making boatloads of money selling a buggy game and not even having the decency to fix them. I will not spend a single cent on any product made by this cr**** company anymore.

This bug is still happening. I won't curse out firaxis, as people normally do, but it is quite annoying.

I can confirm that this bug was fixed in my latest game, post-patch.

edit: I was mistaken...this is still happening...ugh

Here is a screenshot with the bug. Gustavus Adolphus gave me the city in a peace treaty.

Here is the save where the next turn the city is offered to me in a peace treaty.

I havn't accepted a number of Cities as part of a peace treaty for months, it seemed to occur more frequently when there was a number of Cities on offer. Argos the Greek city very often offended.

EDIT
thinking about it, the offending Cities were allways a size one!

Just noticed a city I received in a peace deal from Russia has this bug afflicting it. It's an island with no other land in its sphere of influence, and no harbor, so without the production of the city tile itself, it will never produce anything.

forgot to add version in post title: G&K 1.0.2.21

I started warring with Siam, and started taking his peace deals when he was offering me cities.

I took one size five city, and then later took another size two city.

But after I accepted the deal and puppetted the second city it had a food problem and lost a citizen to starvation. Now it's down to size 1, but I can't understand why it's stagnant for growth. It look sto me like it should be +2 food (working two tiles with 2 food each is 4 food, less two being eaten). but for some reason when I mouse over the food for the city it says it's only harvesting 2 food, not four. (see picture)

Spoiler :

Any way to fix this? My workaround is live with the -2 food hit and send a workboat over to the fish.

save attached ...

Attachments

• Haile Selassie_0120 AD-0125.Civ5Save
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 243
Just experienced this last night.

The city of Turfan was originally settled by me.
Siam captured it, and when i received it back in a peace deal., city was bugged (it's not counting the food/production on the city tile). :cry:
I continued playing past this sace and weirdly, it seems to have fixed itself at some point (not exactly sure when though).

editted for corrected and new info

Attachments

• Genghis Khan KE$HA TRAIN.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
Playing as Spain, I was first to find and settle by 3 nearby natural wonders and, naturally, took the One with Nature pantheon belief. I was finished enhancing my religion by T35. As such, I have faith coming out my ears and rather than automatically blow it on prophet after prophet before I hit the Renaissance, I decided to annex my puppet cities to spend my faith on pagodas and cathedrals to offset the raised social policy cost.

On approximately T105, Kamehameha gave me Samoa, Tonga and Nuku Hiva in a peace treaty so I puppeted them and set my sights on Mongolia. After wiping Mongolia out, I went back to finish what I started on Honolulu and took it approximately T135. With my faith stockpiling, I decided to look at annexing Nuku Hiva when I realized it hadn't been producing anything for the last 30 turns. Even after annexing, I couldn't queue anything for production... each building says it will take ??? turns as if I was razing the city.

This happened to me once before a few months ago when Wu Zetian gave me a city in a peace treaty and I'm wondering if the aspect of getting the city through peace has something to do with the bug. I had to raze that city and she promptly built another city on the same spot, and after going to war again she gave me the new city in that same spot and, sure enough, it was another broken unproductive puppet.

Here's the save file with Nuku Hiva still a puppet. It's not producing anything, and if annexed you will see that you cannot build anything.

Edit: I meant to put this in the bugs section but didn't find that forum until after I posted this here... my bad.

Attachments

• NukuHivaPuppetNotProducing.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 232
Top Bottom