City displacement / deletion and citizens' movement

PinkPallin

Warlord
Supporter
A feature I'd like to see in RFCE 1.5 is the ability to move an already founded city to a better spot, and to move population from city to city.
It happened that people were forced to move, even emptying a city in order to found a new one.

A way to implement it might be a new unit, the "resettler", that subtracts 2 or 3 population to the city and can be used either to found a new city or to add population to an existing city. Obviously this unit should cause some unhappiness, that lasts for say ten turns.
The producing city is eventually destroyed when it comes to zero population, with some more unhappiness.

On the other hand, conquerors when razing a city seldom killed all the inhabitants. For example, in 1162 Barbarossa razed Milan letting the people survive.

This wouldn't need a new unit, just creating settlers (and maybe workers) when razing a city.

there were small discussion about it before. I would be happy if you would get a settler at razing a city for 2 turns. you rebuilt it or its destroyed. The resettler unit could be exploited...imo.

Yeah, it came up before.
I'm not entirely opposed to it, but I have doubts if it would be good for gameplay.

Top Bottom