1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City specialization and going above city limits.

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by Ultimate_Waffle, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Ultimate_Waffle

Ultimate_Waffle The soul devourer.

Is specialization important in this mod? If so, in what way should you specialize them? How far into the game do you start specializing? Also, how bad is it to build more cities than your civics allow?

2. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

Given the sheer amount of buildings this mod gives I tend to let each be a powerhouse of food/hammers/gold/research.

Now, I do specialize in terms of wonders, I like to place all +%:science: in one city, all +%:gold: in another, etc.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why even play with City Limits on? Especially if you are playing with Revolutions On.

4. Ultimate_Waffle

Ultimate_Waffle The soul devourer.

I think it makes sense to be able to control only so many cities efficiently; and I think it makes sense to control even more than that with certain consequences. I was just wondering how bad said consequences are in this mod.

5. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Warlord

In my first game , i was able to have 50% more cities than allowed by civic.
    One will get alot of unhapiness , but when you build all those buildings wich increase happiness in town , all is good.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That is the way I like it! - sounds like a catchy phrase:lol:

7. sunrisereader

sunrisereader Warlord

specialization matters if you play at the higher difficulties i build all +production, crime/disease reduction, food and research buildings in all cities and specialize afterwards some get put on turning hammers into research, one produces tamed animals, one or two archers and their upgrades, one naval units and one to three all other military units.

Kakafika and TaylorItaly like this.