City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

edit: I'm using whowards various DLL mod, does that core mod maybe have some extra stuff in there ?

Only if you've explicitly enable something by using other mods - by default, everything within the DLL is "off"

hey who, is there a way to use your mod and smart Ai without the extra pioneer stuff of the combined DLL? or is the pioneer stuff yours? sorry im so mixed up :(

Hey all,

I finally got around to editing the first post - it now reflects all v23 changes and additions.

Sadly, I've reached the cap of words I can add to the first post, so it sounds like this venerable old thread may have to be abandoned when v24 comes around. I'm probably going to request a sub-forum for this mod, and the Community Patch, so that they have a better place to reside. I might also see if this thread can be moved there for nostalgia's sake.

Cheers,
G

I just saw that you re-use the chateu for the embassy. If I get time I'll try to conjure up something. If you see somethingin the civ4 buildings section you want let me know (its faster that way).

Excellent! I've done precious little 3d modeling, so it was a means to an end. I'll give it a look!

Cheers,
G

Hey Gazebo,

sorry to be off-topic, but I was wondering if you'd be good enough to make a few changes to Ideologies? I love your work on City-State Diplomacy, so this change should be a cinch for you ;).

Basically, I'm really underwhelmed by the Universal Health Tenets in all 3 ideologies-as they seem so.....tacked on. For starters, any bonus from this tenet should apply to *hospitals*, not Natural Wonders, & the bonuses should be different for each Ideology.

So my thinking was-for Freedom, Universal Health grants either +2 gold or +2 tourism from hospitals. For Order, Universal Health grants either +2 culture or +2 local happiness from hospitals. For Autocracy, Universal Health grants either +2 science or +20% city hit points for hospitals.

What do you reckon? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Oh, & absolutely LOVING City-State Diplomacy....fantastic job :).

Aussie.

Hey Gazebo,

sorry to be off-topic, but I was wondering if you'd be good enough to make a few changes to Ideologies? I love your work on City-State Diplomacy, so this change should be a cinch for you ;).

Basically, I'm really underwhelmed by the Universal Health Tenets in all 3 ideologies-as they seem so.....tacked on. For starters, any bonus from this tenet should apply to *hospitals*, not Natural Wonders, & the bonuses should be different for each Ideology.

So my thinking was-for Freedom, Universal Health grants either +2 gold or +2 tourism from hospitals. For Order, Universal Health grants either +2 culture or +2 local happiness from hospitals. For Autocracy, Universal Health grants either +2 science or +20% city hit points for hospitals.

What do you reckon? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Oh, & absolutely LOVING City-State Diplomacy....fantastic job :).

Aussie.

We're about to embark on a balance patch - stay tuned!
G

Seems odd that CSD was moved here. It doesn't belong in the patch, surely, and I hope that mods that make use of the patch as a foundation aren't considered a part of this subforum.

Seems odd that CSD was moved here. It doesn't belong in the patch, surely, and I hope that mods that make use of the patch as a foundation aren't considered a part of this subforum.

CSD's my project – I asked for it to be moved here, as I can't add anything else to the opening thread so I'm going to start a new CSD thread in the modpacks forum. I want this thread here as a means of connecting CP to the CSD, as most players that use CP will also use CSD.

Furthermore, CSD's features and the CP mesh together, but they are not interdependent. I'm going to be moving some features of CSD into the CP which are focused on non-CS mechanics, thus making CSD a bit more 'pure.' This will give me a place to explain the elements that are being moved over.

CP will be modular – features will be 'toggleable,' and CSD's 'inclusion' in the CP will be no exception. I'll encourage it to be used alongside the CP, as it does much to fix the WC and the Diplomacy Victory, but it won't be mandatory.
G

CSD's my project – I asked for it to be moved here, as I can't add anything else to the opening thread so I'm going to start a new CSD thread in the modpacks forum. I want this thread here as a means of connecting CP to the CSD, as most players that use CP will also use CSD.

Furthermore, CSD's features and the CP mesh together, but they are not interdependent. I'm going to be moving some features of CSD into the CP which are focused on non-CS mechanics, thus making CSD a bit more 'pure.' This will give me a place to explain the elements that are being moved over.

CP will be modular – features will be 'toggleable,' and CSD's 'inclusion' in the CP will be no exception. I'll encourage it to be used alongside the CP, as it does much to fix the WC and the Diplomacy Victory, but it won't be mandatory.
G

Disappointing to hear, but it is your liberty.

Disappointing to hear, but it is your liberty.

Why disappointing? Nothing is going to change – players that want to use CSD alone can use CSD alone, players that want to use the CP can use it alone, or they can use them together. The only difference is where a few changes reside.

The features I'll be moving over from CSD to the CP are the settler upgrades and difficulty changes. They're modular, and can be disabled, but I think they'll fit better in the balance patch than in CSD. CSD will go back to being Diplomacy Victory and WC focused.
G

Your choice to remove the superfluous features of CSD to the balance patch is commendable (it is without question that these features are necessary in some form for balance, but they really didn't belong in CSD), but it is disappointing that you might consider the frequency of use of the CP alongside CSD validating of the move of CSD to the "Community Patch" subforum, and that you intend to encourage the use of the two together.

I favour a more separatist approach to your two projects, when one is called a community patch. But again, I respect your authority on the matter, so I merely express an opinion that comes with no intent to encourage you to act in any particular way.

Your choice to remove the superfluous features of CSD to the balance patch is commendable (it is without question that these features are necessary in some form for balance, but they really didn't belong in CSD), but it is disappointing that you might consider the frequency of use of the CP alongside CSD validating of the move of CSD to the "Community Patch" subforum, and that you intend to encourage the use of the two together.

I favour a more separatist approach to your two projects, when one is called a community patch. But again, I respect your authority on the matter, so I merely express an opinion that comes with no intent to encourage you to act in any particular way.

CSD will still have a life of its own, though I've just about done everything I want to do with it. As many other users have stated, CSD goes a long way towards correcting many of the flaws in the Diplomatic Victory (and, via the WC, does offer some balance for the other victories). I'm not going to do extra work to balance the Diplomatic Victory/WC when I've already done it in CSD. As with CEP, CSD wasn't necessary, but Thal and others admitted that it solved a problem they had with city-states, thus they didn't embark to solve that problem on their own. CSD will never be required by the Community Patch, but the Community Patch will not endeavor to correct problems that CSD already solves.

In other news, I'll be releasing v24 of CSD in a few days. It is a bugfix patch, correcting a few issues with resolutions and the Great Diplomat. Pretty small (compared to the last few versions), but necessary. It also brings CSD in-line to be used with the Community Patch, if desired.

I really wish I could buy envoys with faith. Maybe make it a tenet? or missionaries get the influence mission only if the CS shares your religion?

Might be fun to make the Reformation that I changed to 'Divine Right' an 'Envoys produce faith' tenet. Or perhaps purchasable with faith? I did make it so that you can buy GDs with faith if you fill out the Patronage tree. So there's that.
G

Might be fun to make the Reformation that I changed to 'Divine Right' an 'Envoys produce faith' tenet. Or perhaps purchasable with faith? I did make it so that you can buy GDs with faith if you fill out the Patronage tree. So there's that.
G

That reminds me...

G

'charitable missions' could be a social policy that lets missionaries do the envoy mission.

'charitable missions' could be a social policy that lets missionaries do the envoy mission.

The problem would be the Unit AI. It would be easier to reverse that (have diplomatic units produce faith), as it would simply add a bonus to what the AI already knows how to do, and would guarantee that the bonus isn't being wasted (as missionaries can go anywhere, but diplo units can only go to CSs). I'll look into it.
G

That reminds me...

Eh?

Top Bottom