city state quest to convert to "My Religion"

Totibbs

Warlord
hi,
I ignored the religion for quite some time. Now Im in the information age and the city states have the quest to convert to "my religion". Now I have founded Protestantism in the early game but France spammed me with Catholisism. Even in my Protestant capitol.
In the mean time Ive conquered France and kept all of their cities.

My question is "how big is my problem now"?
It seems that Protestantism is "my religion", while all of my cities have a Catholic majority and I have conquered all the cities of France who founded the Catholic religion.

Can I switch to "Catholic" as "my religion" or can I still make Protestant-missionaries and apostels somewhere?

I think the quest is wanting you to convert the City State with the religion followed by the majority of your cities. Otherwise it would be quite a challenge for Kongo.

You are probably out of luck. Unless you have one city that is still Protestant and build a Holy site and shrine there quickly before it loses its religion.

Your religion is the religion you founded, not the religion that has been thrust upon you. If you can no longer produce a Protestant missionary or apostle, you cannot satisfy that CS quest.

The quest would not be for Kongo, because Kongo has no religion -- it obtains the founder bonus from any religion that is majority in a majority of its cities, but that religion is not Kongo's religion for any purposes in the game.

Why is religion 1 per Civ?
Was it this way in Civ5, or is it an 'innovation' exclusive to Civ6?

Seems to be an ill thought out system, as it contains many mechanical flaws, while also being both horribly gamey, and unrealistic.

Your religion is the religion you founded, not the religion that has been thrust upon you. If you can no longer produce a Protestant missionary or apostle, you cannot satisfy that CS quest.

The quest would not be for Kongo, because Kongo has no religion -- it obtains the founder bonus from any religion that is majority in a majority of its cities, but that religion is not Kongo's religion for any purposes in the game.

Can't confirm if this is a bug but I distinctly remember CS quests refreshing when they can no longer be completed, except in one instance where a quest asking me to build a triplane persisted past the point where I could build one.

I think it may be a bug.

I played a while longer and it seems that the city state quests dont have an end time. They still want to be converted to "my relegion" while Ive none. Pretty annoying.
I do wish you could retire them. Still not get a new one until you advance an era (so you can't cheese for an easy one) but retire one you can't/won't achieve so you can eventually get a new one.

Are we sure "your religion" means founded? I received a diplomatic penalty from Spain that says I converted one of their cities to "my religion" but I never founded one. I had converted his city to Shinto, which the Scythians kindly shared with me.

Top Bottom