City State rebels

ltccone

Prince
What causes City States to have rebels? They can be devastating to them. And what is REALLY annoying is that the rebels always move into my territory.

War weariness. If they are your allies they have to go to war with you and they only have limited amenities.

War weariness. If they are your allies they have to go to war with you and they only have limited amenities.
They were my city states and we were not at war.

It'd be kind of neat if one could mitigate these damages by building entertainment complexes in proximity to the neighboring city states, but I do not know if the proximity bonuses from entertainment complexes affect allied city states/allies as well as your own cities or not.

It'd be kind of neat if one could mitigate these damages by building entertainment complexes in proximity to the neighboring city states, but I do not know if the proximity bonuses from entertainment complexes affect allied city states/allies as well as your own cities or not.
I don't think there is either. Late game city states are a bit screwed, because they really have to way to get the amenties they need.

And those rebels are nasty; the ones plaguing me were mech.

I don't think there is either. Late game city states are a bit screwed, because they really have to way to get the amenties they need.

And those rebels are nasty; the ones plaguing me were mech.
That is my theory too, and I don't doubt you about the rebels. I've had to "put down" several neighboring city states, or build several encampment/forts stationed with all kinds of units several times already to limit the damage caused by those buggers.

Top Bottom