Civ 2 sprite display mode in high resolution

cuc

Warlord
This should be a very basic problem, but I can't find the answer through searching, and don't have much time to look into it, so...

I recently installed Civ 2 on an old machine with a 15" CRT monitor, and started the game in 1024*768.

What happens is the program enlarges everything to fit for the higher than 640*480 resolution, so the sprites becomes a mess of jaggies. I can use the Zoom function to make it smaller, but the best-looking zoom level still doesn't display the sprites in their original dimensions, but shrinks them a little.

The problem is, I have seen Civ 2 running on a modern machine with a large widescreen LCD monitor. I seem to recall the game not enlarging the map display, and looked very beautiful with the sprites displayed in their original dimensions. The only thing that was enlarged are the texts.

Is it true that Civ 2 has these two display modes? If so, how can I change it? Or am I wrong?

UPDATE:

I was wrong to think there were 2 modes. Civ 2 can use "Standard Zoom" to display the map at the original zoom level. Problem solved.

Top Bottom