1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 3 for MAC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by John123john, May 25, 2017.

1. John123john

John123john Chieftain

Where i can find Civ 3 for my Mac? Any suggestion? Thanks.

2. timerover51

timerover51 Chieftain

You might try Amazon, or check the Firaxis website directly. I am running it on a Mac under OS 10.5.8, but I am not sure how it runs under the newest OS.

3. John123john

John123john Chieftain

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You won't be able to get the Mac version from Firaxis.

I'm have Civ3 Complete on my Retina iMac running Sierra, latest version. I don't play it seriously, and really only use it to support the Game of the Month activities in these forums. It seems to run OK - both Play the World and Conquests versions. I bought it on CD when it first came out from Aspyr, but I doubt if the CD is even available now.

If you are able to find a working, legal installer, you need to be careful about updaters - they typically depend on older Mac coding standards ("Carbon" if anyone else remembers?) that are no longer supported by recent Mac OS versions. I think I only still have my working versions because they migrated from my old systems into my current one.

You have a rather better chance of getting it working if you can install a Windows virtual machine - Parallels, VMWare or maybe VirtualBox, and then get a copy of the PC version on CD or Steam.

5. timerover51

timerover51 Chieftain

Amazon is showing several copies of Civilization 3 Complete for the Mac available.

6. John123john

John123john Chieftain

Thanks for reply!