Civ 3 for MAC

You might try Amazon, or check the Firaxis website directly. I am running it on a Mac under OS 10.5.8, but I am not sure how it runs under the newest OS.

You won't be able to get the Mac version from Firaxis.

I'm have Civ3 Complete on my Retina iMac running Sierra, latest version. I don't play it seriously, and really only use it to support the Game of the Month activities in these forums. It seems to run OK - both Play the World and Conquests versions. I bought it on CD when it first came out from Aspyr, but I doubt if the CD is even available now.

If you are able to find a working, legal installer, you need to be careful about updaters - they typically depend on older Mac coding standards ("Carbon" if anyone else remembers?) that are no longer supported by recent Mac OS versions. I think I only still have my working versions because they migrated from my old systems into my current one.

You have a rather better chance of getting it working if you can install a Windows virtual machine - Parallels, VMWare or maybe VirtualBox, and then get a copy of the PC version on CD or Steam.

Amazon is showing several copies of Civilization 3 Complete for the Mac available.

Top Bottom