1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 3 for MAC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by John123john, May 25, 2017.

1. John123john

John123john Chieftain

Where i can find Civ 3 for my Mac? Any suggestion? Thanks.

2. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

You might try Amazon, or check the Firaxis website directly. I am running it on a Mac under OS 10.5.8, but I am not sure how it runs under the newest OS.

3. John123john

John123john Chieftain

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You won't be able to get the Mac version from Firaxis.

I'm have Civ3 Complete on my Retina iMac running Sierra, latest version. I don't play it seriously, and really only use it to support the Game of the Month activities in these forums. It seems to run OK - both Play the World and Conquests versions. I bought it on CD when it first came out from Aspyr, but I doubt if the CD is even available now.

If you are able to find a working, legal installer, you need to be careful about updaters - they typically depend on older Mac coding standards ("Carbon" if anyone else remembers?) that are no longer supported by recent Mac OS versions. I think I only still have my working versions because they migrated from my old systems into my current one.

You have a rather better chance of getting it working if you can install a Windows virtual machine - Parallels, VMWare or maybe VirtualBox, and then get a copy of the PC version on CD or Steam.

5. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

Amazon is showing several copies of Civilization 3 Complete for the Mac available.

6. John123john

John123john Chieftain

Thanks for reply!