Civ 3 Performance Problems?

Brent

Chieftain
I'm getting some major slow downs and lag here

I had a Kyro 2 video card in my computer at first, and Civ 3 was a little slow, but not too bad, scrolling on the map screen was a little choppy but not too bad, things on the screen weren't all to bad

Well I just put a top of the line Geforce3 Ti 500 based video card in my computer thinking the game on screen would be a bit faster, but instead I was greeted with SLOWER

Are there any performance or lag problems associated with the GF3 Ti 500 video card and Windows XP Pro on Civ 3? Any patches for civ 3 i should know about?

By slow i mean when you scroll on screen, like to move around on your map by moving the mouse to the top bottom or left and right of the screen on the GF3 ti 500 it's laggin SOOOOOoo slow and is choppy, it's real bad, it wasn't that slow before on my kyro 2 haha

And when you move the mouse around on the City Menu screen it's slow there too, and then switching from city to city and animations. I turned off animations and stuff but the slowness is still there.

I don't know what to make of it. My system is pretty fast, 1.4Ghz T-bird, 512MB DDR, GF3 Ti 500 etc.... so I don't know what it is, just checking to see if there have been any performance problems posted relating to the GF3 ti 500

thanks

ah, I just read in the "How Many Patches?" thread that it's a bug with ALL NVIDIA cards

this major sucks! I hope they make a patch soon for it :D

I've heard a rumor that there's some bad juju going on between recent Geforce 3 cards and WinME.

Course, if it's a general bug, that would explain why my friend says it's really slow on his much faster computer :p

ER

Top Bottom