Civ 3 "Vanilla" questions...

Mattimeo88

Chieftain
I have the vanilla version instead of the complete one, and I recently updated with the most recent update. I had played Civ 3 before at a friend's house and I recall being able to move my units in a group, as well as seeing a section in the upper right portion of the screen showing the players' scores and turn times. Are both of those features in the complete version only or am I missing something in the vanilla one? Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum :wavey:

You can move units in a group if you press J and then click the destination square. This moves all the units on the tile, regardless of their unit type and speed, or how many moves they have left. So it can split up a group that includes some fast and some slow units, or some who have already used up some movement points in this turn.

Player scores are not available as an on-screen display in any of the versions as standard, as far as I know. You can probably find a mod that will do it, but I've no idea whether it's available for vanilla.

Turn times for multiple players only make sense in a multi-user game, I would have thought, and vanilla i single player only. Again, they may be available in a mod.

Ahh ok thanks for the tips! The no scores makes sense now that I think about it, and what threw me off with the group movements was that there was a button for it in the version i played before if i recall correctly.

Edit: I just remembered another question I had that I forgot to ask earlier >_<. On the game preferences window which I get to by holding command as I open the game, I see no option at all for windowed mode, only various resolutions for full screen. Is there any reason for it to be absent?

Window mode was not an option in the old MacSoft version. It was only introduced by Aspyr in Civ3 Complete.

Top Bottom