Civ 4 Goes Gold...

Gold !
I only hope that Norway will get it at the same time as europe!
9th of November suits me fine !
But I do envy you people in North America !

:woohoo: Sweet! Yesss! :woohoo:

That-just-made-my-day-baby! :goodjob:

And here I thought I would get nothing out of this so far stressful and annoying day :D

The party is on!

[party] :beer: :dance: :band: :bounce: :rockon:

what is gold anyway?.....half a millions copies already bought, or what? idk... thanks in advance

vorius said:
So I'm sure some of you smooth talkers can wind up having Civ 4 on the 25th while the rest of us have to wait for the 26th

Don't feel bad. I pre-ordered mine, and even if it reaches me on the 25th, I can't play until the 26th, it's my duty day :( I'm actually thinking about asking my wife to drive it and her laptop over if it arrives on the 25th....

Marc

hajmyis said:
what is gold anyway?.....half a millions copies already bought, or what? idk... thanks in advance

When development is frozen and the master disc is sent off by the developers to be copied. We buy the discs with the copied information as games. It means it's finished and is going into production basically.

hajmyis said:

"Gone Gold" is a development term for the gold master copy being sent for duplication.
"Gold Sales" is an industry sales term for a specific number of actual sales.

Doh! i got beat.

crazybeard said:
Of course, chances are those people are going to be asleep when the Brits first get the game :)

Um, you have been reading these guys' posts, haven't you?

Marc

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

tmarcl said:
Um, you have been reading these guys' posts, haven't you?

Marc

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I hear ya! But even civ addicts have to sleep eventually.

crazybeard said:
I hear ya! But even civ addicts have to sleep eventually.

No offense, but you don't have a newborn, either, do you? :)

I have a six month old. My wife and I haven't slept since April. :sad:

Marc

tmarcl said:
No offense, but you don't have a newborn, either, do you? :)

I have a six month old. My wife and I haven't slept since April. :sad:

Marc

Bah! Wait until he/she is a teenager. And hyperactive. And diabetic.But I wouldn't give him up for 1,000 GP and 3 techs. ;)

Janos said:
Depends, i would expect that that's the day they actually ship the product to stores. I would play it safe and expect it on the 26th if i were you, but yeah some places may get the game in stock on the 25th i imagine. :)
This would imply they're "over-nighting" packages all across the country -- which seems to be a rather, eh, extravagant means of distribution.

Oh, yeah. It is civilization time!

I thought they would skip the gold announcement all together, but now that it's gold and firm on the 25th I'm feeling pretty good.

Today has been a great day (not necessarily Civ-wise, I'm not that crazy) :goodjob:

Benjie said:
What, before they added McDonalds as a City Improvement?

Health -50%
Makes 10 stupid people in the city happy.

Don't forget the other bonus of the McDonalds improvement. Automatic Mutual Protection Pact with the United States.

The "Going Gold" anouncement and the release date (25th October for US) is now on the official Civ 4 wesbite. No mention of a release date for elsewhere in the world.

Top Bottom