Civ 5/BE not launching after DirectX selection

Idaeus III

Chieftain
This is a problem I've been having for weeks now and I can't seem to find a solution.

Every time I load up Civ 5 from my steam library, the DirectX menu pops up, I choose my setting, and then nothing. Steam says I'm still running it, and it shows up in the Task Manager, but it's not actually loading up; no game window in sight. This problem now extends to Beyond Earth and the seemingly unrelated Crusader Kings 2, except that the latter in this case just completely crashes on startup. Meanwhile, all of my other games seem to work just fine. It's driving me insane!

I've tried the following:
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling(both the entire folder and from the steam game library)
  • Moving from one drive to another
  • Repairing/reinstalling DirectX
  • Repairing, Uninstalling, and Reinstalling Vcredist
  • Verifying game cache/files
  • Updating my video adapters
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling one of my two video adapters
  • Trying a "set property" command in the game's steam library properties
  • Removing the Civ 5 documents folder
Additionally, I've contacted 2k Support. It's been 9 days since I sent them my Dxdiag and MSinfo32 files with no response. Finally, I've reinstalled the Windows 10 Creators Update after having previously rolled it back due to giving my PC some issues(something that I believe might be what caused this in the first place, but I don't have any evidence for it other than observations of these Civ 5 problems not occurring prior). The only things I have yet to try now are reinstalling the game(s) with the Creators update installled, but I doubt it'll do much good.

Honestly, I'm at a loss. I really don't know what other option I have aside from a complete recovery of my PC. I just can't seem to find the root of the problem. If you guys can provide any help at all, It'd be much appreciated.

Top Bottom