1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Jul 26, 2011.

1. EnglandIsBoss

EnglandIsBoss Chieftain

1 Civ I would like to see.

1. Israel
    Leader : King David (He made Jerusalem the capital of Israel in his rein from 1004 to 970 BCE)
    UA : David's Stand 'Units gain a 15% attack bonus when damaged, When at war, units 0-2 tiles away from their cities will get a 10% increase in resistance to enemy attacks'
    UU : ??? please give any ideas.
    UB : Synagogue 'Gives bonuses to culture and extra faith than most regular religious buildings'
    Am I missing anything?

2. adsin15

adsin15 Warlord

The "Darkhorse" thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=565888 got me thinking and I also like the idea of the Native Americans and other lesser known civilizations getting more attention in Civ5. As a lifelong MA resident I was inspired to come up with this idea:

The Wampanoag

Leader: Massasoit

Hail Ousamequin! Sachem of the Wampanoag and Massasoit of the Wampanoag Confederacy! For nearly 100 years you lived and hunted in the ancient lands of your ancestors; which today we call the State of Massachusetts, named for a key member of your Great Confederacy!
    For 50 years you skillfully led your people, the Wampanoag, through a fearful time of turbulence. Foreign settlers were increasingly encroaching upon the lands of your people, bringing terrible diseases and claiming huge portions of land. Skirmishes, deceit, betrayal, murder, crime and greed all conspired to plunge your homeland into darkness; yet for half a century your Machiavellian leadership held together an alliance of nearly a dozen factions of hostile neighbors and invasive outsiders. Your calm demeanor and reassuring presence put your opponents and followers alike at ease, yet you were rumored to be cold and calculating. It is believed you assassinated enemies and sold your own peoples land against their will...but always to maintain the peace. Sadly, within a few years of your death, your fragile peace would crumble. Without your leadership the Confederacy would fracture and your people would be defeated by war, betrayal and disease. In their final days many of your people would be sold into slavery upon the Island of Bermuda where some residents today still claim ancestry to you, Great Sachem of Sachems.

UA: Sachem's Diplomacy

Request a new; or randomly reset, one city state quest every 5 turns. Spies take 60% less time to establish surveillance.

Unique Tile Improvement: Wetu (A domed hut used while hunting or fishing, AKA a Wigwam) replaces Camp. In addition to normal Camp bonus, +1 culture

Unique Unit: Hunter, replaces Archer, Starts with Survivalist 1. Can build Wetus.

Edit: Changed the Hunter abilities a bit.

3. adsin15

adsin15 Warlord

Hmm 90+ views but no comments.

Either my idea sucks so horribly that constructive criticism is a waste of time or its so awesome nobody can improve upon it.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Civilizations/Leaders Wanted thread.

If you would like to ask someone to mod this civilization, you can also post in the Requested Mods thread in the Creation & Customization forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=381965

5. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Prince

Numbers are a huge weakness of mine so if it makes since to lower or raise the specific values of bounuses feel free to tell me

Scotland
    Leader: Robert De Bruce
    Ability Flower of Scotland: Double unhappiness for cities conquered by other players.
    Unique Units:
    Highland Pikeman:
    Replaces Pikeman: half again strength when in friendly territor

Highland Rifleman:
    Replaces Musket-man
    Double speed in unclaimed territory, slightly more expensive.

Spoiler :
    Discussion
    Here I'm trying to draw from the Scottish war for Independence and Scottish involvement in the Revolutionary war as soldiers for the king (my great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was one of them).

Judah
    Leader: Zerubbabel
    Ability: The Second Temple: Double wonder production in cities following a religion OR 10 turn golden age after a wonder is built, decreasing by one for each wonder to a minimum of 2 turns.
    Unique Unit High Priest: Support unit
    Automatically spreads religion to a conquered city when embedded with a unit adjacent to the city when conquered, replaces the religion entirely if in the conquering unit.

Maccabean Warrior:
    Replaces longswordman
    Additional strength when attacking a city with the founded religion (or the majority relgion in the empire if the empire didn't found a religion).

Spoiler :
    I've pulled from a great deal of Judah's history both before and after the exile, I'm no Rabbinical scholar so if some of this doesn't make sense let me know.

Last but not least I think modern Israel, if added should have a unique tile improvement:

Kibbutz
    Replaces Plantation
    Adds 1:) and 1:hammers:

6. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

I secretly entertain the notion of not just having 'great' leaders, but also a choice of some of the worse ones, with handicaps in stead of bonuses. :mischief:Examples:

England - Richard III - "My kingdom of a horse". No horse resources near capital. Cavalry units can only be bought, at twice the usual fare.

France - Albert Lebrun - "Maginot Line". City fortifications within 5 tiles of a border with another civilization provide only half the hitpoints and no hitpoints against aerial attacks.

Roman Empire - Nero "Fiddling while Rome burns" - Every cultural building you build will cost a population point.

7. frnknbry

frnknbry Chieftain

Canada
    Unique unit Voyageur (scout little tougher can build trading posts on Bison, or furs,)
    Unique ability Bonus resources +1 on any developed resource
    Leader John A. McDonald, Pierre Trudeau (not the son)