Civ 5 Expansion

Christmas season, or just before then and will go on a steam sale during the season.

I base this on Civ IV, which had warlords released a bit less than a year later

I really can't imagine that they will release an expansion this year. There's still too much work to be done for Vanilla Civ V.

Well, on the other hand... if the expansion only consisted of new civs and maybe mappacks / scenarios, it could be possible to have an expansion this year. Right now, as I think about it, I remember that this has been the procedure of Firaxis in the past...

So yeah, maybe even this year... :lol:

However, I want a functional and well balanced game, not new civs!

I hope they don't use a quick expansion as an attempt to make us pay for a patch in a couple of months.

something like that would almost be enough for me to renounce all civ / firaxis / 2k

An expansion for a half-made game?

Probably next month.

"We killed the cow, now SQUEEZE it!!"

With Steam offering the option to release DLC (in total becoming much more expensive than an expansion) I don't expect expansion packs.
There may be a bundle of DLCs at a certain point of time.

With Steam offering the option to release DLC (in total becoming much more expensive than an expansion) I don't expect expansion packs.
There may be a bundle of DLCs at a certain point of time.

I think they will have to do some sort of pack, to include new concepts.

I personally haven't bought any civs, I'm guessing they will be bundled for really cheap once they stop selling

Random comment for the sake of commenting. I think they have an expansion like beyond the sword in civ 4, wouldnt mind a repeat for civ 5. But i hope that an expansion for civ 5 will bring new concepts.

Knowing now what they are doing with Civs as DLC; what do you guys realistically predict an expansion to consist of? By this I mean what core game elements do you realistically imagine would be implimented?

I suspect 2 new social policies and a few bits of tech here and there personally. As well as a small collection of new Civs of course. Would this be enough to warrant a full expansion pack price?

Top Bottom