Civ 5 + Gem & CivUp LP

Hawawaa

Prime
I think I'll be starting my LP soon. I'm just getting rid of this damn cold so I will be starting in a few days. :yuck: I just wanted to get some input. :) Also I will have Colored Religions on.

It will be a conquest game. :backstab: The map will be standard size, standard speed, with 9 civs and 20 CS on emperor difficulty. So who should I play and on what map?

Thal- Just out of curiosity when will the next update drop (and will any of the new leader changes come or are you going to wait on that until all are overhauled)? :goodjob:

I highly recommend playing as Pacal on a Continents Plus map (or Continents). He's a very fun and flexible leader useful for war and peace. His pyramids highlight religion well, without forcing us too much on it like the Byzantine trait. He's also one of the best-balanced G&K specific leaders in the mod right now. Most of the other G&K leaders need a lot of work. :)

For the AIs, I recommend picking from the list below. I think these are in relatively good shape in the mod:
  • Arabia
  • Aztec
  • Babylon
  • China
  • Denmark
  • England
  • India
  • Iroquois
  • Japan
  • Ottomans
  • Persia
  • Polynesia
  • Siam
  • Songhai
  • Korea

I expect to finish the next update in about 2-3 weeks, unless I encounter any serious bugs in my bugsweep early this week, in which case I'd release an update sooner. I want to give everyone a chance to try out the current state of the game. I'm taking my time as we plan out the leader changes.

Hmmm ok, I was thinking Ethiopia, Korea or Mayans and I haven't played continents in awhile too... Ah its been awhile since I touched Mayans. I did play with Ottomans and Songhai in Nov messing with their awesome army snatching abilities. :trouble:

Well ok Mayans it is. :mischief:

Enemy line up- Arabia, Aztec, Denmark, India, Korea, Siam, Japan, and England. This should be fun. I'll make my test videos tomorrow and maybe get a few videos out the door this week. I'm hopeful this damn cold will be gone soon. :D

Videos like this are entertainment, and I suspect fighting barbarians with Pacal's atlatlist will be more exciting to watch in the early game than most other options. Ethiopia is not in good shape right now. It's going to get changed a lot in the upcoming leader updates. :)

What are you crazy I love playing Ethiopa. Yes passive abilities are boring and your changing things up (by the way I will hate u once the leader update comes out because of so many good civs to play and not enough time) :D

Can't wait to see a conquest game with GEM. So far I've only really come out ahead in a culture victory; haven't gotten my tempo on Conquest.

Top Bottom