Civ 5 ideas

GiuseppeIII

The Third Giuseppe
Evem though civ 5 didn't live up to the standard of the other civilizations I liked some components.
1. Cities can defend themselves

2. No SoD ( you should have an upturn to turn it off and on) ( not sure how the AI would play though)

3. City States???

4. I know I'm forgetting something can't think of it right now

Is their any way we could implement these features into c2c. ( sorry for the spamming of making forums( I made two in about ten minutes;) )

Evem though civ 5 didn't live up to the standard of the other civilizations I liked some components.

2. No SoD ( you should have an upturn to turn it off and on) ( not sure how the AI would play though)

3. City States???

Is their any way we could implement these features into c2c. ( sorry for the spamming of making forums( I made two in about ten minutes;) )

2. is available but the AI has not been written for it. Doing so will be a big job! Any way Civ V has CoD which are just as bad.:mischief:

3. I am experimenting with Indigenous Tribes at the moment but it is not working well enough to put in the beta yet.

1.) IDW Emergency Draft (self defense)

2.) SoD is not so bad, just bomb them to sh*t with some seige units

3.) Minor civilizations (Barbcivs)

4.) Why list it now if you don't have it?

3. City States???

1) They can if you build towers or traps.

4) Sounds like you have been playing too much Civ 5. ;)

This is exactly why I refuse to play Civ V. I cannot for the life of me understand how it was a bad thing to have this amazing stack combat form we have in Civ IV (especially when you throw in Surround and Destroy, towers/traps, assassinations, ranged bombardment, and the originally brilliant collateral damage function to deny the stack the ability to become invulnerable.) I cannot for a moment believe that having only one unit per space would allow for the amazing diversity a mod like ours displays in the amount of unique units and flavors we have developed and still infuse each unit with true meaning and strategic value. I just can't imagine how a one unit per space method could be enjoyed (unless of course you're playing chess.)

This is exactly why I refuse to play Civ V. I cannot for the life of me understand how it was a bad thing to have this amazing stack combat form we have in Civ IV (especially when you throw in Surround and Destroy, towers/traps, assassinations, ranged bombardment, and the originally brilliant collateral damage function to deny the stack the ability to become invulnerable.) I cannot for a moment believe that having only one unit per space would allow for the amazing diversity a mod like ours displays in the amount of unique units and flavors we have developed and still infuse each unit with true meaning and strategic value. I just can't imagine how a one unit per space method could be enjoyed (unless of course you're playing chess.)
i agree

Isn't the recommended stack size 3 with the option to have max stack sizes? (it is in the bug menu under Caveman2Cosmos)
Also, if you want to do minor civs, you could look at how Rhye did it for Rhys and fall

Isn't the recommended stack size 3 with the option to have max stack sizes? (it is in the bug menu under Caveman2Cosmos)
Also, if you want to do minor civs, you could look at how Rhye did it for Rhys and fall

The stack limit in C2C comes from one of its ancestor mods and has never worked right in respect of the AI. Using it will both cripple the AI, and lead to occasional hangs. I highly recommend against it.

The main page on CFC is saying that they are going to be releasing an SDK kit for CiV when Gods and Kings is released. What do the people with SDK expertise think about this?

The main page on CFC is saying that they are going to be releasing an SDK kit for CiV when Gods and Kings is released. What do the people with SDK expertise think about this?

Not worth the effort of moving from the current (CiV IV) platform IMO. It'd take us a year or so to get back to something similar to where we are now on top of Civ V.

Not worth the effort of moving from the current (CiV IV) platform IMO. It'd take us a year or so to get back to something similar to where we are now on top of Civ V.

That's what I was thinking too, especially considering that we are about to revolutionize Civ 4 modding with Multi-Maps. I was just pointing this out in case we ever want to take advantage of something that's 64 bit and multi-core optimized.:rolleyes:

I have stated before that I am sticking with C2C under Civ4 even if there is an editor for Civ5. I just don't like civ5. Civ4 is much better in my opinion.

Civ 4 has memory leaks and obvious limitations, like RAM and graphical. If there were mods that were as good as this (which I highly doubt, at least not for another year or two) then I would play civ 5.

I dont like Civilization 5 at all. I was reading an old WIRED magazine and saw a two page print ad. Reading it now..June 2010..

The new features they mentioned that are in the ad..

-Ranged Bombardment [actual words]
- More Friendly interface
-for casual and hardcore players..u choose ur skill level
-Hexagon Maps
-Interactive Leaders
- $200,000 will be given to charity..choose which charity at install..

And the rest was about conquer cities, rule an empire..stuff like that. Its a water downed civilization simulator for the average player.

The thing I hate the most is DLC. Civilization 5 will be popular for a while, but it isnt memorable. Civ 4 won so many game of the year awards and will continue to shine in the turn Based 4x category.

Like Sgtslick said..if their was a good mod community ill play it, but its not as big as Civ 4s.

I dont like Civilization 5 at all. I was reading an old WIRED magazine and saw a two page print ad. Reading it now..June 2010..

The new features they mentioned that are in the ad..

-Ranged Bombardment [actual words]
- More Friendly interface
-for casual and hardcore players..u choose ur skill level
-Hexagon Maps
-Interactive Leaders
- $200,000 will be given to charity..choose which charity at install..

And the rest was about conquer cities, rule an empire..stuff like that. Its a water downed civilization simulator for the average player.

The thing I hate the most is DLC. Civilization 5 will be popular for a while, but it isnt memorable. Civ 4 won so many game of the year awards and will continue to shine in the turn Based 4x category.

Like Sgtslick said..if their was a good mod community ill play it, but its not as big as Civ 4s.

As I have said befiore, but it bears repeating since people seem not to appreciate it:

If we ported C2C to Civ V we would ENTIRELY thow out the ENTIRE ruleset of Civ V and REPLACE it with the Civ IV ruleset, and we'd be using Civ V ONLY for its graphical engine, 64-bit multi-threaded capabilities, and hexes. It would therefore play as C2C but with better future scalability and a hex map. The end result is highly desirable. The effort to get there is not.

Top Bottom