1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

destroyed sadly civ V doesn't let you capture great people...:dunno:

2. (Alexandros)

(Alexandros) Pantamonium

Minor issue: I don't understand why a solar plant needs to be built on or next to a desert. It's not like favourable conditions only exist in scorching deserts! Couldn't there instead be some sort of latitude restriction?

3. Krieger66

Most likely because there are fewer storms in deserts, so the conditions would be clearer. I think latitude would be too restricting, but I see what you mean...windmills aren't only built on hills either, in fact they are now being built on coasts due to little obstacles to wind(like buildings or higher terrain). Maybe both of these things should have their restrictions loosened a bit(for instance solar plants can also be built near plains or hills).

4. (Alexandros)

(Alexandros) Pantamonium

I don't know about plains and hills, that would make it very easy to find a place for a solar plant, even in polar regions. Deserts obviously are the best candidates for large scale, cost-effective solar plants, but they shouldn't be a prerequisite. Why do you think latitude would be more restricting than the current situation? Depending on the shape and placement of landmasses, I think the number of candidate cities would range from at least the same as now up to a few times more.

5. Krieger66

Well latitude would require your city to be in a certain strip of land, while currently you only need to have one tile of desert to be anywhere in your cities culture area to build a solar plant(the requirement was in the tile area and not adjacent right?). Now that I think about it though, latitude as a requirement would make more sense than the desert req...:think:

6. terryscott

terryscott Chieftain

I have noticed that on occasion, I will place a unit and it disappears from the screen. The first time this had happened, I had placed the unit and put it asleep after which I could no longer click on it to reactivate it. The space appeared empty and I could place other units directly on top of the same space with no problem. How I resolved this was by putting a worker unit directly on the same space and was then able to toggle to the other unit and wake it up. Still couldn’t see the unit until I moved it over to an adjacent position. This has happened to me 3 times since I started playing the game. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, I need the clock back and the ability to chose an alternate path for music... this is a must for me!

7. terryscott

terryscott Chieftain

I would assume that it has something to do with the amount of time the sun is available for use. The desert is a desert because of the lack of rain... fewer clouds mean more power generated by the solar panels. I could be wrong, but that would be my best guess! :)

8. (Alexandros)

(Alexandros) Pantamonium

I'm not saying that a desert is not a good prerequisite for a solar plant, I'm saying it shouldn't be the only prerequisite. The latitude band that satisfies the required conditions for a cost-effective, large scale solar plant (which is what the building is supposed to be I guess) is wider than the subtropical, "desert" band. It's true that in the game a city only needs to have desert somewhere in its cultural influence and I guess this sort of covers a larger latitude, but I think it would be more accurate to do away with desert as an essential feature. Anyway, I'm not really bothered by it, that's why I listed it as a minor issue.

9. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

Okay, I just moved my scout two hexes into the fog, and he instantly entered combat with a brute guarding an encampment, in which he died. Discovering an encampment should cancel a move order that lands on it to prevent such inadvertent attacks.

10. jozef57

jozef57 Warlord

i find civ 5 very dispointing, it has degraded to a millitairy game only
    nothing between war and diplomacy, god how i miss spy's i am so bored with civ 5. i played all versions since 2, and now you may think aah another civ veteran who cannot deal with a new apraoch, but last year i introduced 5 people to civ 4 of those 2 teenagers and 2 friends, they all loved civ4 learned to play quickly but all independant from eachother find civ 5 lacks dept of play nothing much more to do than make war.
    and clik trough the game for the rest. all are going back to civ 4, complaining about waisting good money on 5. it was a bad idear to let this panzer general guy make this. the things he wanted , like moving the battles away from the city's failed totally, even the AI focusses on the city's and no pirate's no spy's no coperation. boring city graphics, no good manangement of city'S makes among other this this the worst civ ever.
    and i understand protection against illigal copy's is a neccecary thing, but stream keep f..ing up all the time, and spoils what ever little game fun there is left in civ 5
    civ 5 was a great idear there is a market for new civ games for decoades to come.. but civ 5 need an overhaul, need an interesting large add on and it needs it now. othyerwise the whole civ francise is doomed.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

11. stunnerwhat

stunnerwhat 6 Time WWF Champion

I've got worldbuilder SDK from Steam and I've built my dream map.

Can I get an Idiot's step by step to actually use it pls? I've tried to follow other threads directions, can't seem to get my map in the list.

Many thanks,

Stunner

12. JohnCataldo

JohnCataldo Chieftain

While I personally prefer Civ4 (and mods) over Civ5, I'm pretty sure there's almost no way for Civ5 to doom the entire franchise.

It spawned an entire genre. Civilization shall last a long, long time indeed.

13. Krieger66

Civ may but I have my doubts about civ v.:lol:

14. Krieger66

If its like civ V online mods just go to mods on the title screen, click "I accept", go to the already downloaded mods screen, look for your mod(not in the browse section), select it and click the install button.

Sorry for the double post.

15. nicketzsche

nicketzsche Chieftain

Egypt (Computer) just let my sister win a diplomatic victory when it not only built the UN but had 27,000 gold in the bank 1 turn before the vote VS her being 10-15 techs behind with only 3,000 gold...

So annoying.

16. Krieger66

Did this become the general complaints forum or something since I was listing the bugs?:huh:

17. nicketzsche

nicketzsche Chieftain

If a computer builds the UN and has 27,000 gold, you would expect it to buy city states. When it doesn't buy city states, that IS a bug.

18. Krieger66

Only if its going for a diplomacy victory. Remember, this is the new improved ai that only tries for one victory type per game.:D

19. nicketzsche

nicketzsche Chieftain

So the Egyptians built the UN with 27,000 gold saved up... but evidently were going for a different victory condition... AWESOME :badcomp:

20. Toivoja

Toivoja Chieftain

It's very annoying in multiplayer game that when you have finished your turn and pressed the next turn button, you cannot do anything after that. It's a good place for another human to launch an attack as I can't move my units. I just got nuked and lost almost all of my units because of that.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before.