[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

So the Egyptians built the UN with 27,000 gold saved up... but evidently were going for a different victory condition... AWESOME :badcomp:

Happens...I once had a game where germany hates me from turn 20 because I'm trying to "win in the same way he is". I had no idea ai's went for the highest score at the end of the game win.:mischief:

You could wait for the other human players to move their units or finish their turn before you end yours. Or play classic turn style.:dunno:

Ok I just had a group of 3 barb knights pop up in my territory next to my capital. Right on my resources too.:cringe:
Nevermind, its from a mod.

edit:Also cities are a real pain to take; I had 2 infantry coming in a turn to attack this capital(6 total, in waves of 2-3 where units with low health are sent back across the line) and the city was back at 75% str after every wave! The ai had time to build an artillery in the city before I finally managed to take it 4 turns later...not an issue I know, but seriously has there ever been a time where a city with no army stands up to that kind of overwhelming force anywhere in history?:huh:

what the hell is with the mods. for some reason after i restart the game i have to exit out of the mod go to set up, go back to mods and re-enable , and then i can load the game that was using the mod. Why doesn't the game just stay in the enabled mod until it is unselected. there is a lot i like about this game, but i do not think i will be playing it until this is fixed.

what the hell is with the mods. for some reason after i restart the game i have to exit out of the mod go to set up, go back to mods and re-enable , and then i can load the game that was using the mod. Why doesn't the game just stay in the enabled mod until it is unselected. there is a lot i like about this game, but i do not think i will be playing it until this is fixed.

It does, but you have to go into the mods screen and setup your game from there.

i do not know what you mean by mods screens. I have the browse mods and scenarios and that is it for anything outside of vanilla.

and why the hell can't the game keep your settings the same unless changed? it is tiring doing the settings every time

i do not know what you mean by mods screens. I have the browse mods and scenarios and that is it for anything outside of vanilla.

and why the hell can't the game keep your settings the same unless changed? it is tiring doing the settings every time

Theres a single player and a multiplayer option, just like vanilla, in the first mods menu you get to. There you can load games, including modded ones.

Theres a single player and a multiplayer option, just like vanilla, in the first mods menu you get to. There you can load games, including modded ones

i am trying to tell you if i just go straight to load game without deselecting then reselecting any of the mods i am using then the game crashes

Gotta new issue, game runs fine mostly but certain leader screens pause the game and won't go away. I can actually click on the world screen and here the interface sounds that tell me I'm selecting cities, buildings, opening new leader screens, etc. I have it on the "Low" setting. Should I just go to minimum or is there something else I can do to address this?

I played Civ V when it first came out and have not played since November 2010. I am thinking of playing another round, but maybe I will play Civ IV instead. The biggest annoyance was that the AI Civ Leaders act in incomprehensible ways - for instance in one game Hiawatha wiped out Wu Zetian. I did not even know about it, then I noticed all these Chinese Cities in his empire. I beat Hiawatha and liberated several of the Chinese cities so that I allowed the Chinese Empire to come back into existence. I also liberated some of the AI characters who had been Chinese. When I entered the Diplomatic screen she treated me like a "warmonger heathen" or something, anyways she wouldn't have anything to do with me and so that pretty much killed the fun. I had never attacked her once so I expected some thanks and appreciation.

A second aspect which I think is not as good as Civ IV is the animation of battles - I have a big computer screen, but it was better before when it would show one good detailed rifleman or whatever fighting one war elephant or whatever but you could really see them move and react. Now you have a herd running up doing something but it is hard to see because there is a bunch of little ant-like figures that are tiny so the detail cannot be made out.

Can anyone tell me, have they put out a patch that has improved the diplomacy of the AI leaders?

-Can't change screen resolution without leaving the current game

-Can't resize the game window, while in windowed mode.

Anybody else agree this thread needs a complete overhaul? Much of the original page seems so irrelevant now. Perhaps we could clean this up a bit and it will get more attention to the real issues at hand? Not just "coliseum takes too long to build" sort of complaints.

When a Great Engineer is in a city that has nothing being built, and I have that unit selected, the HURRY PRODUCTION icon is greyed out.

When I click the city and select a new production item, and return to the main screen, The UNIT is still selected, and the Hurry production icon is still greyed out.

If I then click on the already selected unit, then the icon becomes available.

-The Le

Please add to section 1.1, Menus: SAVE ADVANCED SETTINGS the way the user sets them.

See this post and the whole thread for more details on why the failure to save these settings — even from screen to screen, let alone from game to game — is one of the greatest irritants for many players.

Plus, aside from being a general PITA, many players have machines that cannot run the default settings, and it isn't "just" a matter of gameplay preference.

Thanks,

Lib

In playing single player in the latest update of CivV I find that, playing at the "normal" level:

(1) There is no way I can possibly win. Basic population determines the rate of progress and there is absolutely no way I can match the population growth of the AIs. I don't like to start combat until I get cannons and, by that time, the AI population has exploded. There needs to be a big increase in unhappiness of the AIs once their population exceeds that of the largest CIV.

(2) The production of units in new cities is way too slow. I wait and wait while Ai's are settling nearby and multiple Barbarian units are buzzing about like bees. Each city should have a minimum inherent production capacity or the Palace production capacity should be increased to at least double the initial speed of production of settlers, laborers and basic military units.

(3) Barbarian movement rates should be reduced to 1.

(4) I don't like the whole world declaring war on me when I take more than one CS.

(5) I don't like the way AI's are reluctant to trade, ask unreasonable terms and sometimes grant a rediculesly advantages trade.

(6) I don't like AIs crowding me with settlements before I have had a chance to put down my first six cities.

(7) Technical advances come so fast I don't have time to take advantage of them. Especially with Barbarians gobbling up my units.

This game is supposed to be really fun to play. Right now it's an exercise in frustration.

@MikeHarvey37

You're doing things wrong if you are having all of those problems. It's not a problem with the game. If you start a thread with what you are doing, you can get advice. Or, even better, search the forums.

A problem with the diplo:

In one game, I had a protection pact and made a friendship declaration with Pacachutec and Hiawatha, that I renewed as asked. At first, they had declared their friendship too, but they eventually started hating each other.
So, Pacachutec declares war on Hiawatha. My protection pact forced me then to declare war on Pacachutec. Pac started hating me because of it; cheap, but understandable (I mean, it was his choice to be at war with me, not mine...); the problem comes when everybody started hating me because "I had declared war to a friend"...

Thinking about it, I don't know how this should be fixed, but right now, it is not fair IMHO.
PS: sorry if this has already been said.

@MikeHarvey37

You're doing things wrong if you are having all of those problems. It's not a problem with the game. If you start a thread with what you are doing, you can get advice. Or, even better, search the forums.

I don't think there really can be anything wrong when you come to how a person chooses to play civ. He's obviously being overwhelmed by the ai, so I would suggest dropping down a diffaculty level for a while to get use to the changes to ai from the latest patch.

@elprofesor
ai is ******ed, check:mischief:
This particular bug has not been mentioned before, though.

I don't think there really can be anything wrong when you come to how a person chooses to play civ. He's obviously being overwhelmed by the ai, so I would suggest dropping down a diffaculty level for a while to get use to the changes to ai from the latest patch.

@elprofesor
ai is ******ed, check:mischief:
This particular bug has not been mentioned before, though.

If you losing, at the level you want to play, you're doing something wrong. I don't recommend automatically lowering the level. Try to improve play first. There is a reason he/she is playing at standard level.

Again on the protection pact subject: the AI doesn't seem to weight correctly the implications of declaring a war against someone who has signed one:

-It doesn't seem to think very thouroughly whether it can win a war in two different fronts, against civs whose military power may be inferior individually, but not together (this might be just my imagination, though; the AI doesn't always weight correctly the military might of one civ alone either).
-It doesn't seem to care if it is on good terms with the other end of the protection pact.

IMHO, the protection pact is more than a promise to protect the other part: it should serve first and foremost as a deterrence from declaring war on either part altogether, for either of the previous reasons, even moreso than a DOF (since you know for sure that the other part is going to ripost).
Note however the italics: this is anecdotal data, so it might just have been bad luck in a couple of games.

Again on the protection pact subject: the AI doesn't seem to weight correctly the implications of declaring a war against someone who has signed one:

-It doesn't seem to think very thouroughly whether it can win a war in two different fronts, against civs whose military power may be inferior individually, but not together (this might be just my imagination, though; the AI doesn't always weight correctly the military might of one civ alone either).
-It doesn't seem to care if it is on good terms with the other end of the protection pact.

IMHO, the protection pact is more than a promise to protect the other part: it should serve first and foremost as a deterrence from declaring war on either part altogether, for either of the previous reasons, even moreso than a DOF (since you know for sure that the other part is going to ripost).
Note however the italics: this is anecdotal data, so it might just have been bad luck in a couple of games.

The AI never thinks through starting wars or playing like they have the superior position in any scenario, even when said civ can pretty much wipe the first civ off the face of the planet in 3 turns.

This has become a civ franchise, sadly.:lol:

Top Bottom