Civ 6 [1.0.0.216] breaks game Single player

Joseph Schuler

Chieftain
This came down on the Feb 7th.
If I try loading an existing game saved under [1.0.0.194] it tries to load and goes back to main screen
Trying to start new game does the same thing.

HELP

You need to read the Patch notes it explains that this patch changes things in a major way rendering saves null.

You have to unsubscribe and physically delete all mods from the game. Any mod, even if you disable them all, can still effect the game running correctly.

You have to unsubscribe and physically delete all mods from the game. Any mod, even if you disable them all, can still effect the game running correctly.

how to do physical delete of mods? Clearing the mod and workshop folder? I did - and I cannot play after installed RF

...also cannot with base game with the new patch... I tried reinstall, deleted my games civ folder, nothing helps...

I SOLVED IT!

After Steam uninstall,
you have to delete the folder in the steamapps/common folder
- and THEN you can reinstall

with success! :)

Last edited:
You need to read the Patch notes it explains that this patch changes things in a major way rendering saves null.
Sorry, cant start a new game either. Even downloaded on a fresh machine and started a new game. No joy, goes back to main menu.

Cannot create new game. Previously saved games, new Tutorial and DLC Scenarios run fine.
I do not have any mods.
I have "verified" files via Steam.
Issue started yesterday with installation of patch and continues this morning with download and installation of R & F.

Anybody have a clue?

OK ... All fixed (well maybe not "all") ... There was a Start Position fix released a month or so ago that is apparently conflicting with the Start Position patch released yesterday. Remove the old fix from your "Additional Content" in the game menu.
At least the new game starts now.

Cannot create new game. Previously saved games, new Tutorial and DLC Scenarios run fine.
I do not have any mods.
I have "verified" files via Steam.
Issue started yesterday with installation of patch and continues this morning with download and installation of R & F.

Anybody have a clue?
I had the same headache... try deleting the steamapps/commons civ folder ...

Top Bottom