Resource icon

Civ 6 Modding Tools & Basics

You cannot repeat (strategicresources) XML properties, you have to think to add another solution, maybe by modifiers or Lua. I will think of that solution as soon as I can.
yeah i will wait ..
for now all my heavy&light cavalry eat 1 population like settler and iron,wait it can eat horse ..
PopulationCost="1" PrereqPopulation="2"

can u teach me how to grow wheat/rice like in game grow tree ?
i confuse cause tree is feature and wheat/rice is resource,it is possible ?

and in GlobalParameters.xml i change <Replace Name="CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE" Value="3" /> to <Replace Name="CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE" Value="5" /> but ingame still only 3 max tile can be expand by gold ..
i read other ppl post with same problem,but still stuck ..

oh thank man,i will wait and stay tune ..

Hi, here you go :) but did not tested it (out of time), I leave that to you.

Nevertheless, I had fun with it, I decided to do it since is rather hard to explain the solution and also used my own modding tutorial to do it :p And adds Lua coding.

How it works:
- The custom Knigth depends on a dummy building
- Dummy building is built by lua automatically when you have the resources iron and horses to build your knight.

Change all you want from there. if you want to build your unit for a particular civ associate a trait to the unit and also to the dummy building.

Attachments

• knight2strategicresources.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 274
Hi, here you go :) but did not tested it (out of time), I leave that to you.

Nevertheless, I had fun with it, I decided to do it since is rather hard to explain the solution and also used my own modding tutorial to do it :p And adds Lua coding.

How it works:
- The custom Knigth depends on a dummy building
- Dummy building is built by lua automatically when you have the resources iron and horses to build your knight.

Change all you want from there. if you want to build your unit for a particular civ associate a trait to the unit and also to the dummy building.

i test it,kishi need umagayo to train is working,but the problem is kishi still train use only iron and ignore need horse ..
thanks man,

Attachments

• aaxa.jpg
    aaxa.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 408
But you have horses, umagayo only builds when you have both resources (you mean you did not build camp?) but I did not tested lua functions, make some prints in lua, then see lua.logs.

EDITED: ahhh just remembered, did you build the dummy building yourself? If so you should not. Anyway, the code is not finished yet...

EDITED2: Here you go, I think it works now, just start a new game to try it.

Attachments

• knight2strategicresources.zip
    7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Hello dear modders and future modders,
I just wanted to share this link (which i have not watched yet!) as i thought it could be useful for all the very new modders. I've done some tiny tiny changes on the game myself but i don't consider myself to be a modder. Not sure this is the good place to put this link to a video on game development with Lua for begginers, move it if you want!
Have a good day!

Can anyone please tell how can I change the MODEL of a unit ? I have the steel and thunder mod and I would realy wish to find a way to make the Yamato battleship look like itself instead of a regular battleship.

Additionally, If reusing an existing unit, is easy to change the size. I used that reusing Caravel and @Deliverator´s Civ5 Imported units to Civ 6 :D

Edited: And some colors too. I changed the civ 5 caravel cross from blue to red.

Last edited:
Hello,
I started a new civilization mod and managed to get started thanks to your references! Thank you very much for that.
I'm having an issue figuring out how to define the icon for units. For reference I'm talking about the icon at the bottom right of this image : http://i.imgur.com/SywhlsV.jpg (Not the icon in the city menu used for determining how to spend your production).

Do you have any pointers?
Thank you very much!

I suppose you defined icons from existent (<ICONS> section), and if I remember well when not built with modbuddy don't work very well, unless you make your own icons, in this case, DDS image files (with the various dimensions) with the icon image you want. If that is the case I will help you with that too.

I used "<Row Name="ICON_UNIT_NOMADICFAMILY" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_UNITS" Index="0"/>" to define my menu icon, but I can't seem to find how to define the portrait I'm talking about. I'm not trying to create my own DDS image, I just want to reuse an existing one but :
- I can't seem to find any "IconDefinition" table using SQLite. This would help me find where is the image I want, how it's named and how to use it
- I didn't find any example of someone defining their unit's portrait, so I can't reuse that.

Top Bottom