Resource icon

Civ 6 Modding Tools & Basics

Hi there, I did not create resources, but you always have XML files that support them, as for graphics of Zebra thats another story, you have to import or do your own, and then reference in artdef and xlp files (along with other files) - complicated to explain in few steps.

Wow.

That was awfully fast, I'm completely lost.

I am between Step 1 (YOUR MOD) and Step 2 (CORE FILES) and I have no idea what to do next...

I have created an empty solution in VisualStudio 2019.
Now... what next?

In case of visual studio go to your solution and add new website project (add existent website as I wrote there after image), that will ask you to point out to a folder you want for you mod.

Then, go to next post where you start to add files in data folder (you make new folders in your empty website).

Existent website? Let me check...

Ok, sorry, lost again.

When I click 'Add' on my Solution (Leng) in the Solution Explorer, these are my options:

New project...
Existent project...
New item...
Existent item...
New solution folder

There is no 'Add new website project'.

If I click on Existent project... I can click on Leng.sln, which brings me back to the empty Solution Explorer...

You don't have these options?

Spoiler :

upload_2019-4-8_8-28-24.png

Or right clicking empty solution:

Spoiler :

upload_2019-4-8_8-29-28.png

If you want it to work now better to use VSCode, that one works. With VScode you only need to create a workspace and start from it.
Spoiler :

https://code.visualstudio.com/download

You start VScode and then open your mod empty folder (you have to create before)

Then save workspace as... (give the name you want):

upload_2019-4-8_9-2-6.png

I will try 2019 when I can since I have 2015 and all seems to work, maybe some add-ons needed.

Hi rean,

can you help me figure out what I am missing/doing wrong in my mod?

I wanted to use building models from the game in my mod, but buildings don't show up in game. :/

Attachments

• Cree.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 116
Hi, I noticed one thing, you used the same GUID (ID) as my mod, that would conflict with my mod open, so I assigned a new ID. Also changed your .dep file and .modinfo (for new ID)

Buildings appear, I believe they don't appear at UI though (inside districts), is that what you are asking for?

Attachments

• Creev2.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 159
I used your mod as a template. I guess I forgot to change the ID, thanks for the info man.
And btw. nice mod :D

Yeah, they don't appear inside districts, that's the problem.

possibly i did something wrong , and did added by hands in config...

Top Bottom