Civ 7 Unit List (Stacking options)

OK If Civ7 is gonna use Humankind combat system and mechanisms then unit lists will become more tactical and so should class systems. But before going to Unit lists then there's unit classes, subclasses, and abilities
Land Units
Class as combat attributes
- Melee Foot
- Ranged Foot
- Melee mounted
- Ranged mounted

- Siege: becomes available only in sieges, on campaign map this unit is represented with Siege Materials that can be made as different siege engines

- Artillery LOS: Bombard is the first unit, preceeding firearms unit, this unit has Scatter shot and may perform one time strong close defenses, can shoot enemy walls but not above.
- Artillery Non LOS: Mortar is the first unit. Scatter shot rules didn't apply
Subclass (what actually does this unit do)

- AFV: Light
- AFV: Heavy

Melee Foot
- Shocktroops (Swordsmen),
- Phalanx (Anticavalry + can inflict extra damage one time if charging enemy units,)
- Light (more movement)
Ranged (Both foot and mounted)
- Archer. vulnerable in melee, can shoot over obstacles if promoted.
- Firearms. No vulnerable in melee but cannot shoot over obstacles AT ALL (except defenders stationed over fortress walls)
Ranged Foot:
- Bayonet (valid with firearms class only, can have extra options to perform melee assault, strong defense against enemy cavalry charge)
Melee mounted

- Antitank: Can be Technical upgrades to Ranged Bayonet subclass or Artillery LOS. extra damage VS AFV but sucks against soft targets.

- Light Cavalry
- Heavy Cavalry

Ranged:
- Heavy Weapons
- Antiaircraft

Naval Units

- Melee: Can board enemy ships, and boarding can capture enemy ships as well (Privateer is now this class)
- Ranged: Shooter, anything pre-Ironclad can board enemy ships.
- Capitol Ship: Larger and more powerful than usual. Ships of the Line, Ironclad, Battleships belong to this class
- Cruiser: Fast ranged ship
- Torpedo: more offensive weapons and less of defensive,
Subclass: Submarine

Aircraft

- Fighter:
- Bomber:
- Attack Craft:
- VTOL

Next post there's a unit list. but first do you agree with my proposals?

Probably not very relevant to the rest of the thread but I hope to god they do not go near that combat system. I personally hated it. They definitely need to find an alternative method of combat to 1UPT but the Humankind method is just rubbish, abusable and requires non-braindead bots (which Firaxis have demonstrated repeatedly they aren't capable of delivering).

I absolutely hate 1upt system. I completely stopped playing Civ because of it. WHen I heard that Human Kind and Old World perpetuated the 1upt system, I instantly decided that they are not for me.

Which last two posts simply indicate what most of us already knew, that no combat system of any kind in any game will ever satisfy everyone no matter how they are designed and coded.

Personal opinions aside, because they are imediately contestable and therefore meaningless to any discussion, why do you like or detest 1UPT or the Humankind system? Without specifics where they annoy and fall short, we are never going to get a better combat system for either game. Dog Knows, there are plenty of things about both systems that set my teeth on edge both as history and, more importantly, as playable mechanics, but give your personal reasons, please.

Sorry no reply for almost a day. i'm quite busy moving from a rental apartment to anothe rental house.

Actually a proposals supporting 'HK Stacking' for Civ7 came from here. https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-from-humankind-and-other-games.669762/page-3 This thread is an expansion emphasized on unit lists if this combat system is to be used and not 1UPT.

But if HK Stackings or something like Heroes of Might and Magic series combat system is to be used. First do you agree or disagree with my class and subclass systems ? (I haven't propose promotions yet but surely @Boris Gudenuf 's Technical Upgrades should be implemented to reflect how techs make a big different even in one kind of unit. i.e. a Fusilier can deal more damage with 'rifled musket' purchased, which unlocked by tech 'Machine tools' (Rifles for Linear Infantry was never possible without steam powered rifling tools and other powered tools to convert standard smoothbore muskets into rifled ones and even to trapdoor breechloaders!) ).

Actually Pre-gunpowder aspects like 'Melee' and 'Anticavalry' class are more on 'balancings' and less on 'realism'. I'm not sure what are reasons why Roman Legion testudo works well against Phalanges in which explains why copycat swordsmen can deal more damage against phalanx spearmen, but same swordsmen were useless against Swiss Pikemen of the 13th Century that even Italian attempts to reintroduce classic Legionnairy were not really successful. while in truth. Phalanx are deadly footmen charger in dense formation that shieldbearing swordsmen and even brave greatswords were useless in face of charging phalanges. Swordsmen of any kind can only be useful as exploiters in a push of pikes. Is there any solutions to replicate BOTH or will it ruins the game balance entlrely?

Top Bottom