Discussion in 'Civ3 - Utility Programs' started by ainwood, Sep 1, 2004.
When you say this stuff is done, do you mean that you have uploaded a new version?
I'm about to! It has to be done over dial-up, and I need to recompile. I'll keep a version history in the first post, with dates on it. Give me about 10 minutes.
Ok - new version is updated in first post.
Only suggestion I can make at this point, is that the windows should still just be a touch bigger, or at least save the field sizes if you adjust them. On the trading tab, Luxuries is now visible, but just barely.
Downloaded it and the changes seem to work.
The "x"-bug is resolved.
(Had a problem with installing, couldn't replace civassist.exe due to the fact that it was still running 5 times on my computer, due to the "x"-bug. hehe.)
Thanx for the quick action.
Actually, there is another suggestion I can make...
How about an alert for a city that's about to lose a citizen due to starvation?
I also got the error: "Run-time error '7': Out of memory." However I am playing the Rhye's of Civilization scenario, so I guess it does not work with scenarios.
EDIT: It works properly with an epic game. That is on sweet program!
Good job, ainwood!
AND, thanks to Dianthus for giving the "plug" at his CivReplay thread that directed me to your utility!
Is it possible to "Alert" when a city has increased in size THIS turn?..........You know how the AI "manhandles" the laborers when the city population increases!
(Unless somebody can think of an easy way to check cities with an increase in population WITHOUT going through EVERY city!? )
Glanced at the program...........looks great............noticed in the Technology tab, "Turns Remaining" doesn't have the 40/50 cap for researching a Tech. (viz. when you research at the 1 beaker/turn rate, max turns=40 or 50 depending on the version of Civ.)
A Big Thank You ainwood for all the time you've put into improving the World's BEST Civ site, CFC!
Could you leave the 40/50 turns cap off (or even show both). It would be really helpful to know if a bit more science would make a difference, or whether 50 turn gambit was the best it could be!
Each time i tried to load the civ assist, i got this error message, help!
Run time error "9":
Subscript out of range
I am using the latest 1.22 standalone patch...
@smphang, I suggest you either post a .sav to this thread, or send it to ainwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very nice program. It contains a lot of useful info. I have found some small problem.
1. As said before about anarchy, the corruption calculator has some problem. If I load a savegame in communism, select another government type and then switch back to communism, the original corruption data is a lot different from the new data displayed. This feature would be really useful to know if a governement change is profitable. BTW, does the calculation includes maintenance costs for units and building ?
2. Small fix : It looks like wheat add commerce rather than food in the terrain tab. I noticed that with flood plain.
3. Ultra small fix : text alignment where worked tiles are displayed.
3. Suggestion. In the tech tab, maybe add the remaining beakers before tech. Instead of all the number, put a progress bar that shows beakers done, to do and total. Lost beakers at the end of reseach is a very useful info.
4. If possible, make the window resizeable. It represents some work because you must specify rules for resize. Also, add a minimize button in the title bar.
These are only suggestions to make a great util even better. Do what you want with it. Great work !
As Dianthus suggested - could you please send me this save?
let me explain a bit more...
i started the conquest, choose a random scenario... then start the civassist...
then i will get the error message before it finish loading...
i have tried the normal civ3 version, and again same thing will happen...
below is a screenshot:
p/s: if ainwood want, i will send him the save file as well.... but as i mention earlier... this happen to any game of mine...
I'll have a look - maybe look at the form layout a bit. I didn't autosize those columns in the tradring, but maybe I could set size bands so that they're at least visible. Note that they do have tool-tips to show what the luxuries / resources are.
Sounds reasonable. I was going to add one for when a city is constrained by no aquaduct / hospital, so its in the same theme.
Yes - should be possible. I was working to add one for settler-factories, to tell you when you no longer have 5 food surplus, so again there will be a lot of replication, so it makes it easy.
d'oh! I put the 40 / 50 turn check on for the over-run calc I think. Class that one as a bug!
Show it in brackets?
The 'restore' button returns to the actual values, which is my work-around because the numbers are slightly wrong. I will try and improve these numbers though. The calculation does include maintenance costs, but not interest payments, or gold to / from other civs.
Will check that out.
Probably due to me playing around with the sizing yesterday!
I'll look in to it.
The minimize button is easy! As for allowing resizing, I made it unsizeable to avoid all the layout change code! I may look at it, but it will be a lower priority.
Thanks to all for these suggestions!
this tool is simply marvellous! i was looking into the tradeassist thread from time to time, but this is much more than i ever expected to see. Great!
no probs while installing, it works fine on my system. remarks:
1. Base Terrain: agricultural desert bonus is not added; why not add worker turns needed? this could be cumulative (mine + road + railroad = so-and-so many turns). and what about "city" improvement? if i got a city on any terrain (where it is allowed ) how much power will this tile have?
On the other hand: why did you put that tab in? it's a kind of interactive civilopedia for tile values, right?
2. Territory: Exploration info doesn't take water tiles into account, at least not from my save. Terr. stats about worked and unworked tiles are all 0. and I am not in anarchy.
the worker stats are pretty interesting, i will see how they can be helpful to plan my games.
3. all tables: columns still cannot be sorted . this is the only request i would really like to see implemented. but maybe, vb code doesn't allow for that?
I'd love to try it but I get this error
Run-Time Error '63':
Bad Record Number
Is there a way to fix this
This is a lovely piece of kit, it really is.
Now for the question to mark me out as a fool, and apologies if this is in the wrong thread:
What are the four buildings for corruption in the city screen? Courthouse & Police station presumably, plus Forbidden Palace as a third. My capital has a 0 in the column so I guess Palace isn't the fourth. I've checked the improvements and wonder list and can't see another. Thanks.
How about Secret Police HQ? (Assuming you're using )
My Winzip doesn't recognize this file (win2k).
Separate names with a comma.