• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ design challenge

Hopefully the European civ I have cooked up will be a bit more similar, if a little obscure and unexpected. I'm fairly sure everyone will know roughly how these people lived and operated - if not exactly who they were. They're famous in a not-so-famous kind of way.

The Alans? Not exactly the nicest people in the world...

The people I'm thinking of aren't very nice, but they aren't the Alans. Close-ish though - the Alans have been modded so they're off the table anyway. Funny how you picked up on how the civ in question wasn't particularly nice, even though I didn't really mention it.

'Tis not the Vandals, but thats pretty close

The people I'm thinking of aren't very nice, but they aren't the Alans. Close-ish though - the Alans have been modded so they're off the table anyway. Funny how you picked up on how the civ in question wasn't particularly nice, even though I didn't really mention it.

They've been modded? when? if so someone must really like Slavic Obscurity.

As far as I know, the Alans are neither slavic nor overly obscure. But either way it was TarcisioCM who did them.

Technically speaking the Alans are Samatian however they're settlements and migrations spanned through the Middle East, Slavic Regions, Horn Of Africa, and the Iberian Peninsula so regionally speaking you can call them well...

Obscure they ain't though. They are one of those groups that tend to be name dropped when talking about the barbarian invasions.

Avars? It's the first thing that comes to mind that I haven't seen in civ form yet.

No, though I'm surprised they haven't been done and they would be a good choice I suppose. A little too generic Barbarian for me though.

If it's the Wends, then Nyx's has it covered.

It isn't - I check around before I decide on a civ dont worry. Won't be forgetting anyone (I hope!)

As far as I'm concerned, no one is planning on an Aragon civ... Or on Franco.
Though really DJS and JFD had pretty much taken any European civ.

As far as I'm concerned, no one is planning on an Aragon civ... Or on Franco.
Though really DJS and JFD had pretty much taken any European civ.

Viregel has been planning a Spain split for the longest time, Franco is not a part of it though. Pouakai did post a map for Franco is JFD's thread not too far back either, not sure if either of them are doing him though.

Famous in a not so famous kind of way... Tatars?

Yeah, Burgundy - in it's different forms - is a good guess.

Otherwise, the Sea Peoples? Probably not, but it would be quite interesting to see different takes on them?

I can see Burgundy or the Ostrogothic Kingdom (completely different from Alraric's Goths)

Sea peoples are somewhat boring... And legui Philistines is pretty much it.

It was actually originally going to be Burgundy but I decided against it when I figured they weren't actually that interesting, which is I suppose one reason they haven't been modded into existence yet. So its a good guess, but alas, a wrong one. Also not ostrogoths or sea peoples.

I'd be genuinely amazed if anyone worked it out.

Top Bottom