Civ idea

I first thought that by CoE you meant Council of Esus but it didn't make any sense. Then I remembered the Clan of Embers! I'm used to just call them the Clan... Whatever :p

At first, I was very skeptical about the whole Archos to goblins thing. I really like the Archos for their theme (even though I'm spider phobic) and I though that turning them into goblins would be... unfitting. I always wanted them to be more spider-y. You know, of this kind... huh, I would have shown pictures here but searching google for them wasn't good for me. I saw horrible things... :( So, maybe making them goblins could fit. However, I think, if we port them to Orbis, that we shouldn't just do them a makeover and voila.

And what about the hive mind civ? Suspended?

I also have a problem with CoE meaning Clan of Embers and CoE meaning Council of Esus -_-.

Anyways, I am also wondering about this hive mind civ, did they give up?

And what the heck did happen with the darn Eastern Civ?

Well I did post a bit about them on that thread. I, personally, am for fiddling with the Sidar to make them the Chinese/Korean/Japanese race. The reasoning goes for those who have missed it.

1. The Sidar, as they are, are mostly felt by all (and especially Ahwaric) to be a boring race.
2. They supposedly hate undead but have nothing in their civics, units or spells that would make them better against undead.
3. They really only have one unique unit. Did I mention boring already?

So my reasoning was the 'problem' I see with the C/K/J is that while most of us like the idea, a lot of the idea is the look of those cultures. I mean who wouldn't rather see samurai heavy warriors, junks for galleons, turtle ships for ironclads, ninjas instead of the graphics for ghosts and archers with those flags on their backs? However, (again not to diss these cultures) from a stand point of something unique, mostly there isn't a lot that would distinguish them from other races already in the game.

So I'm not going to get to much more into it, but I think once again, a lot of flavor could be added back to the Sidar simply by changing the graphics, adding in some C/K/J unique units and then it's a matter of dealing with their form of immortality and why/how they hate undead. A post for another time.

Now I think Ahwaric likes the idea of the Tibetan/Nepalese/Indian Civ that uses a modified Sheaim/Kahdi gate system where they summon mid-level elementals based on which mana nodes they use. Since these would be the bulk of their forces, they can only build a limited amount of units like heavy warriors that in this case would represent classic heroes one often finds in the C/K/J literature. That and this civ would be heavy into alchemy (the more 'classic' Asian kind) and philosophy.

So by make the Sidar a more Asian-flavored race, we don't need to add a new civ. The Senshi (or what ever the T/N/I race would be called) adds some interesting ideas from the FF Kahdi. Eventually we may also see the Nogolome and Jotnar. Obviously I like my idea for the goblin Archos. Beyond that, I can't see adding any other races other than fiddling around with the idea of a hive mind.

...or maybe the Aifons. :p

I read the thread about an Aifon civ a few days ago. I was interested in the idea but most people there agreed not to create them since making them able to settle in water would basically make them invincible (more or less). However, making them only able to settle on tile near coast could do the trick. Maybe able to improve the water tiles with submarine infrastructure? :p

Other than that, and more personally, I already thought of some ideas for another civ after the Ngomele (arkham, you have trouble with their name, don't you? :p). Namely, those are: an elemental civilization where peoples are elementals; a plant civilization where cities (trees) can spread pollen on forests and eventually spawn interesting units from them and where units can "settle" in a tile, being then held but also much more powerful and able to spread pollen too; and a human civilization with unknown gameplay: I just want to add one more human faction :)

(arkham, you have trouble with their name, don't you? :p).

I blame it on my PTSD. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! :hammer2:

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that "We're done!" - I'm just thinking that with the Nogo...Ngol...the gnolls, possibly the giants and hopefully the T/N/I Asians, bringing in new civs is going to be a bit of a challenge to make them unique. Obviously the hive mind and plant civs are interesting ideas!

Didn't lore forum say that they lived on islands, but could breathe underwater?

And what about the hive mind civ? Suspended?
No, just Mylon did not post anything recently and arkham hijacked his thread :p
Had to wait, but I plan to start real work on them soon.

I, personally, am for fiddling with the Sidar to make them the Chinese/Korean/Japanese race.

Now I think Ahwaric likes the idea of the Tibetan/Nepalese/Indian Civ that uses a modified Sheaim/Kahdi gate system where they summon mid-level elementals based on which mana nodes they use. Since these would be the bulk of their forces, they can only build a limited amount of units like heavy warriors that in this case would represent classic heroes one often finds in the C/K/J literature. That and this civ would be heavy into alchemy (the more 'classic' Asian kind) and philosophy.
I did not want to add more japan to sidar, but it might be a good idea. Ninjas for espionage and covert operations, isolationism fits Japan and Sidar... Also, divided souls have Japanise look.
Also, you have summarized quite good my idea for "chinese" civ. Maybe add some genasi and elemental aspects for the normal units, and that is it.
...or maybe the Aifons. :p
Maybe one day...
Opera said:
Namely, those are: an elemental civilization where peoples are elementals; a plant civilization where cities (trees) can spread pollen on forests and eventually spawn interesting units from them and where units can "settle" in a tile, being then held but also much more powerful and able to spread pollen too; and a human civilization with unknown gameplay: I just want to add one more human faction :)
Elemental one will go to Chinese civ... But I like plant civ :)
But I need to finish one civ before starting work on another.

Hijacking finished! ;)

Plant civilization o_o, maybe a slower population growth (Trees don't grow overnight)?

I like your Cledarn civilization. Not really similar to mine: while they both are flora civilizations, mine wouldn't emphasize the "sharing memories" part. Maybe they would be their "Neanderthal"? :p

No idea where the post Valk is talking about would be found, but the original post where I mentioned my Hakri Civs.

The Sar wouldn't happened to be named after an Avian character Tchar in the animated "The Jihad" would it? :p

BTW, Ahwaric, I didn't hijack this thread...I merely borrowed it for a moment. :eek:

All names made up long ago when I started working on a non-Anthropomorphic book design. Haven't heard of the thing you reference before (Tchar is his name? Do you pronounce it Sar then? I'm just not seeing the connection, other than aviary)

To be honest, I do prefer Fall Further's tendency towards balance and a few other features it uses. I might grab some Orbis features I like (and don't take too much effort) and port them over. Thus far I've been developing a mod for Fall Further, using my cultural model and a few other changes.

I'm still planning the idea, though things got muddled quite a bit on the way with all of the talk about insects and such. I want to go with the original idea: A gearing towards perfection, with an indoctrination that most people undergo to benefit from the experiences of the past. Think a combination of Brave New World and Planescape Torment's Sensates.

Top Bottom