Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

-checks the wiki- Huh, so it does. Did not know that. I'll remove that suggestion then. Did they also remove upkeep costs? I don't see that listed on the wiki anymore.
Yes, upkeep costs are also gone, AFAIK.

I would like to have the ability to click and highlight multiple units to move to an area rather than moving 20 units individually.

I would also like see the info we saw in older game civs, like lists of wonders built, gdp, etc.

Fix the trading system! AI wants too much for nothing I have yet to enter into more than one or two agreements per game if that. 4 resources of mine for their 1?? Oh, ok...

I’d like to see Civ VI bring back the Forest Preserve for tourism/appeal purposes. It could also provide an amenity if worked. It would be a nice helpful improvment for culture victory for those without expansive, breathtaking coastlines (and it would also be good for those northern nations that have too much tundra and not enough sun!), inspired by the suggestion of the “campground” improvment above.

Oh that’s right, I’d also like corn to return as a bonus resource :p we had the three major grains in IV, they cut it down to one in V, and gave us rice back this time around. Resource variety is not necessarily a bad thing, particularly bonus resources! (Obviously this is just personal preference)

Yes, I mean it. If it must be restricted to one unit, I think we can produce a land military unit in encampment and a building or non military units like builders, settlers, traders etc. in city. When we built seaport we can begin produce sea units in this seaports.

In real life, states could produce soldiers and buildings at same time. Why can't we do it in game? :)
A change I have wanted forever! It would make warmongers more wary because it would make builder players stronger when defending themselves so you’re not being forced to choose between army and development. Both happened concurrently, and it should be allowed. And a military encampment could alternately be used as a construction force when not needed, or a city center could also go full “War economy” when needed, so either can help The Other Out when needed.

Oh that’s right, I’d also like corn to return as a bonus resource :p we had the three major grains in IV, they cut it down to one in V, and gave us rice back this time around. Resource variety is not necessarily a bad thing, particularly bonus resources! (Obviously this is just personal preference)
Agreed. Bring back Maize and add Potatoes.

Agreed. Bring back Maize and add Potatoes.
Zaarin being my hero over here :p

But yes! Those two crops are two of the most important in history. They should be in the game.

A change I have wanted forever! It would make warmongers more wary because it would make builder players stronger when defending themselves so you’re not being forced to choose between army and development. Both happened concurrently, and it should be allowed. And a military encampment could alternately be used as a construction force when not needed, or a city center could also go full “War economy” when needed, so either can help The Other Out when needed.

Giving encampements a production queue is indeed an interesting idea. BUT, keep in mind that while we are it, why not merge city and encampment production when producing military units ? Because here is how the whole thing works : it's always better to have only one building queue as you can have units more quickly. Example : your encampment produces an archer in 10 turns. Your city center can produce it in 6 turns. What is better : to have one archer in 4 turns (by merging the queues) and start a new one right away (that you would have in 8 turns this time, 4 turns accounting from the avaibility of the first one), or have your two archers after 10 turns, and the first after 6 turns ? The choice is obvious here, you always want to merge the queues.

That's why IF we allow encampments to build units, it should be impossible to merge the queues, otherwise it would be useless. AND, rest to determine how the encampments obtain their hammers...

Hi, I am newbie here and in Civilization games too. My first CIV is Civ VI. For me would be nice to add a possibility saving game while playing in tutorial mode. I am already older man and I must on gaming more often rest (eyes). Tutorial is for me too long for gaming en bloc.

Hi first time poster, short time lurker.

My wish is to add Great Relics as a random unique pick-up when using an archaeologist. These would possibly only appear on sites where significant battles had been won in the early game (for instance, where an era score had been made) or in areas of the map that have remained totally uninhabited.

Examples...

Site of a razed city... Rosetta Stone. Grants any remaining ancient and classical technologies. Adds a level of diplomatic visibility.

Unexplored terrain... Dippy the Diplodocus (dinosaur remains). Massive tourism bonus, boost to genetics.

Adjacent to a mountain previously occupied by a great prophet..... Holy Grail. Allows archaeologist to heal any adjacent units.

Near the centre of the map... Neanderthal remains ... Grants random culture boosts + science. This would be a great way to add another level to the archaeologist

Ideally there could be one Great Relic per Civ + a few prehistory Great Relics.

I think this is a fine idea. Archaeology is slightly lacking, and it's strange that these kinds of exciting, powerful, discoveries are restricted at present to Goody Hut Relics.

Captured Settlers should maintain some loyalty to their original Civ
Are you suggesting that you wouldn't be okay with being kidnapped and forcibly resettled by a foreign power? :lol:

Quoting this because I like the suggestion and want it to be in a more permanent place.

Spoiler :

There has been some discussion about the Harbor district in various threads before. The district sits in a kind of awkward position as a blend between a naval version of the Encampment and a coastal version of the Commercial Hub. I have before argued for the division of the Harbor district into two separate districts (Harbor and Naval Base), but people have argued this would give too many different districts which I acknowledge as a drawback to this idea. However, inspired by the addition of the Water Park, I had this thought, which I think caries a lot of potential:

What if the Commercial Hub gets an "ocean" version - like the Water Park is an ocean version of the Entertainment Complex - which is then a separate district from the Harbor?

A suggestion to how it could work:

• Commercial Hub: Gold adjacency from city center (major), river (normal) and luxury/bonus resources (normal), grants Great Merchant points.
    • Market: As is.
    • Bank: As is.
    • Stock Exchange: As is.
  • Port (water version of Commercial Hub): Gold adjacency from city center (major) and luxury/bonus sea resources (normal), grants Great Merchant points.
    • Lighthouse: As is.
    • Wharf: Additional food and gold from sea resources.
    • Container Terminal or Cruise Terminal: Boosts gold yield or tourism, respectively.
  • Naval Base (renamed from Harbor): Adds defensive structures similar to the Encampment, grants Great Admiral points.
    • Shipyard: Similar to the Barracks, but for Naval units. Also adds production to sea resources.
    • Dry Dock: Similar to the Armory, but for Naval units.
    • Naval Academy: Similar to the Military Academy, but for Naval units.
What would be the benefits of such a model?
  • Removes unhealthy competition between commercial hub and harbor in coastal cities (won't want to build both).
  • Better use of tiles for coastal cities, as this frees up land tiles (often scarce) in favor of coastal tiles (often in surplus).
  • "Cleans up" the current Harbor which points in many different directions.
  • Adds an option for additional defense for Naval cities, that are often very vulnerable.

Unique Units:

Spoiler :

Recon:
- Okihtcitaw : I would decrease it's production cost to 30, whilst the increased Melee Strength puts it inline with the Warrior, it gets outclassed very quickly. Either through the Warriors promotions, or simply by better units. I would also like to see another Recon unit added in the Medieval era, such as the Explorer seen in the Steel and Thunder mod, as it gets no unit upgrade until the Industrial era.
- Highlander : I would increase it's Attack Range to 2. That would give Scotland something unique considering the Machine Gun loses it's second Attack Range, and would allow Scotland to push into Spec Ops (a unit I don't really see).

Melee:
The first thing I would do is move the Military Tactics tech into the main tree:

- Berserker : I would allow it to be upgradable from the Swordsman.
- Khevsur : I would also allow it to be upgradable from the Swordsman.
- Samurai : Ditto.
- Garde Imperiale : I would allow it to be upgradable from the Musketman, I would also allow it to upgrade into Infantry (currently only upgrades into Mechanized Infantry).
- Redcoat : As above.

Ranged:
- Maryannu Chariot Archer : I would allow it to be built in addition to the Heavy Chariot, rather than a replacement. Similar to China and their Crouching Tiger.

- Saka Horse Archer : I would increase it's Attack Range to 2. I would also allow it to upgrade into Crossbowman (currently only upgrades into Field Cannon).
- Crouching Tiger : I would actually just make it a replacement for the Crossbowman, that would allow timing pushes. I would also increase it's Attack Range to 2.
- Hwacha : I would just remove the "cannot move and attack on the same turn" restriction.

Anti-Cavalry:
- Hoplite : I would reduce it's production cost to 60, this would at least make it easier to get additional Hoplites to receive their bonus.

Heavy Cavalry:
- Rough Rider : I would move these guys to Military Science, this would make them available slightly earlier. I would also make them upgradable into Tanks.

Siege:
- Domrey : I would allow them to upgrade into Bombards.
- Sea Dog : I would remove the ability to capture ships, and replace it with the ability to earn gold for every unit killed. Unlocking the Boarding promotion increases gold yield.

There's definitely more I'm missing, I just don't have much time today, I might add them later.

Aqueducts:
I would change Aqueducts to (changes in bold):
- +1 Great Engineer point per turn. Reasoning: Ever since the Industrial Zone was made into a regional district Great Engineer points generate a lot slower than they once did, this would provide an additional source.
- Provides the city with a source of fresh water from an adjacent River, Lake, Oasis, or Mountain.
- Cities that do not yet have existing fresh water receive up to 6 Housing.
- Cities that already have existing fresh water will instead get +2 Housing.
- Cities that do not have access to the Water Mill can build one in the Aqueduct district. Otherwise the Aqueduct has no building options (the Water Mill is hidden if buildable in the City-Centre). Reasoning: There's a lot of Wheat and Rice that are in locations far away from rivers and you'll lose out on the bonus food, adding this building to the Aqueduct would allow more options and allow these non-river cities to catch-up on the food front (with some infrastructure investment).
- Does not depend on Citizen Population.

Desalination Plant:
I'd like to suggest a new building for Coastal Cities only:

- Requires Coast (the Desalination Plant is hidden if your city has access to fresh water).
- Provides the city with a source of fresh water from an adjacent Coast.
- Cities that do not yet have existing fresh water receive up to 6 Housing.
- +4 Food.
- +2 Production.
- Technology: Electricity
- Production Cost: 525
- Maintenance Cost: 3 Gold

Last edited:
Captured Settlers should maintain some loyalty to their original Civ
Like if the captors leave them they start to head back towards you, rather than feeling from you? It is annoying chasing them down once you have dealt with the barbs, that's for sure ~ and one does wonder why they are running away from you after all..

What about the possibility to form a special alliance where if either party wins the game, both win together? Not talking about starting on the same team, but basically becoming one team later of if one chooses to. Of course, this would be an advanced alliance requiring quite a few things ~ perhaps level 3 alliance required, as well as maybe a certain tech and certain civic researched (maybe something like Combined Arms tech and the Ideology civic?). I like the idea that two players can become one team, even if they did not start off on the same team.

A much larger map for true starting locations earth. I feel like it is way too small a map, but also would like to be able to see more civs on the map.

something that i honestly would like to see is the reworking of the design of districts to be more "urban" looking, i mean, the little houses that appear around them don't really get this feeling right, maybe make city blocks spawn in the empty buildings slots, or even around the district if it is next to the city centre or is part of the urban area of the city. that would make cities look more like real life imo.

A much larger map for true starting locations earth. I feel like it is way too small a map, but also would like to be able to see more civs on the map.
As a bonus, a larger real Earth map would start to actually resemble an actual map of the Earth; the real Earth map as it stands is so dissatisfactory. I'd also welcome a "Scrambled Earth" map with goodie huts and randomized terrain. In fact, I know people hate map packs, but I'd love a Civ6 version of Scrambled Continents.

something that i honestly would like to see is the reworking of the design of districts to be more "urban" looking, i mean, the little houses that appear around them don't really get this feeling right, maybe make city blocks spawn in the empty buildings slots, or even around the district if it is next to the city centre or is part of the urban area of the city. that would make cities look more like real life imo.
Also districts that don't stick out like a sore thumb as belonging to the wrong culture if you play any civ but Greece would be nice.

What about the ability to ask AI civs during trade to "sweeten the deal", or "what is your best offer?"...In most of the world this is quite normal, and even expected, and would add to the realism of the game. AI who are not very friendly obviously won't budge on their deals as per usual, but more friendly AI could increase the deal slightly. I think that would be a nice little addition to trading with the AI.

Top Bottom