1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I hope the governors (at least some of them) take on the names of historical personages. If the Mongols are in, I expect to see their governors with Chinese and Arabic names, for example (as Genghis and his descendants frequently had administrators and advisors who were not Mongolian).

2. Anno

Anno Chieftain

I would really love an option (or mod - does this exist?) that stops the generic city graphics from loading in when you hit the modern eras. All of the cities look so much cooler for the first 2/3rds of the game.

3. Mythiqa

Mythiqa Chieftain

I'd really like to be able to name the areas on the map - rivers, plains, deserts etc and have them show up like they do on real maps. Also to be able to rename the continent you're on. Maybe have a system where the owner of an area dictates the name of those areas - i.e. If you own the north of the continent you're on you name the area, if the Aztecs own the south-east their names are prevalent and if the Egyptians claim the South-west everything is in Egyptian.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I would like a minimap that makes continents clearer to see while we are at it (the strategic view of continents uses colors which are too pale to see clearly, and you have to scroll around a lot to get the bigger picture at present).

5. LeroyJenkins

LeroyJenkins Chieftain

So I had an idea for the civ games mainly 6 since it is the newest title in the series and I've found more ways to actually work it into the game, it's more of a pet peeve I really started to realize in civ games.

Why are the cities in civ games always compacted into one hex/square yet have city limits of 6 hexs/squares, I understand this for when you barely found a city because it starts out like a village as it should and it'd be weird to automatically found a 3-4 hex city, but when the city grows why does it stay so compact? What I suggest is that when your population grows so should your city center or "city limits" to make cities seem more realistic. (I mean if you look at Houston from the air for example it's not all in one spot the city sprawls and stretches out)

what I propose is sort of like a suburbs thing like how civ 6 has to expand housing but as a choice you can decide for your city once it reaches a certain population, you get to choose a tile next to the city center to become an extension of your village/town depending on your era, and maybe it could trigger some sort of culture bomb effect for surrounding tiles not controlled by another civ. This would help with a lot of problems I have in civ 6 with housing, and I would also like it if you could choose to add onto or specialize these extensions like adding a mall in the modern era, or a park in earlier eras, for amenities (because if you're like me there are never enough luxury resources near my cities to satisfy my citizens) or you could choose to add an apartment complex or an inn in order to maximize the city extension for housing instead. Now I wouldn't want this to be a perminent thing that happens indefinitely in every city but just like 3 or 4 times in cities to make them look less compact and smudged, plus I just feel like it'd add more aesthetic value to the game as a whole.

Tell me what y'all think about this idea it's just been something that's been bouncing around my head for a few days now, and I figured I should share it with some civ fans such as myself to see what y'all thought :queen:thank you for the feedback in advance.

6. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

Global warming - bring it back plz

national park rework, can`t make them on jungle or ocean atm. national park should be a nature preserve in order to protect jungle, can be build on ocean tile like the recent park in Mexico (e.g. great barrier reef national park), unimproved recources like whales, fish, dear, horses, fur, ivory,... should improve the appeal in order to build de preserves (wild life parks)

7. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Sorry if something like this was already suggested - I haven't read this thread at all, but i wanted to post this here since i had also posted it in a response in another thread:

I would love for either the Devs or a Mod to come along that did a quick calculation displaying a sum on each of the applicable Policy Cards to show you what the current numeric impact would be.

Example:
    Rationalism: +100% Science from Campus district buildings (+4 Science per turn)
    Natural Philosophy: +100% Campus district Adjacency bonuses (+8 Science per turn)

You would of course use that to help guide your decision, but you would still want to factor in your current and future plans to make a final decision.

Ciarson likes this.
  8. PaperPaulo

PaperPaulo Chieftain

(Civilization 6)
    1- Heroes Units
    They are national units, limited to only one per each hero name, with name list for each civilization, such Theseus in a list for Greece only, those heroes are unlocked with technology, stronger than units unlocked with same technology but can never upgrade and can never be replaced. Each list has two names, for balance sake, meaning that late game civilizations most likely gets heroes at late eras rather than earlier eras, and while they will be less able to fight towards relics on early stages on game, they will have stronger heroes due to be based on such advanced era units.
    2- Relics
    They are similar to great works and artifacts but they can be stored at temples and gathered by heroes and religious units, they do not only provide major religious boost but also bring minor cultural and minor military boosts, and they are important for religious victories early on.
    3- Mythological Units
    They are new barbarian units, to hold some of your relics, and to attack your civilization, both by land and by sea, at early stages of game, so getting stronger heroes and military early on is really important to survive the barbarians.
    ------------------------------
    Thats it. Hope someone reads this and brings this for an expansion in future.

9. PaperPaulo

PaperPaulo Chieftain

Updated after some search...
    1- Heroes are fine, but i don't know if 2 heroes per civilization is enough. And they should be able to fight for other artifacts too.
    2- They're already in game, so null suggestion.
    3- Barbarian heroes, who should also has unique heroes available for them, called monsters.

10. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Chieftain

Personally i like to see more Future Era units & buildings, you know, proper Sci-Fi style units or at least an Civ VI version of The Future Worlds Mod or The Superpowers Mod.

LeroyJenkins and Greywulf like this.
  11. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Totally agree with this.

LeroyJenkins likes this.