Civ IV Demogame IV - Starting the Game

I like the idea of starting another demo game for Civ IV. I might look new, with ~1 post now (depending on when you look at it), but I've been around before and been semi-active in demo games. I am deeply disappointed to return and see that one is not already up and running. However, it does mean I get to get in on the ground level so it kind of works.

I do have a thought, though. I think it is a little naive to wait for 15 people. There is no way, judging on the response rate already, we'll get that many people anytime soon. Perhaps we should start small, ruling as an oligarchic council or with more limited positions and expand as demand and player involvement expands. I think this would be beneficial in, not only allowing us to start the game in the foreseeable future, but also allowing the game to start feasibly.

I just want to work together with other people on a civ!

I understand that. I am saying if we hope for a Civ IV democracy game, maybe we shouldn't set a number of 15 people before we begin and instead start small and expand as we go. Much like an actual civilization.

given the small amount of registration and the points made by jkits, I'll see if we can have a front-page ad after we reach seven.
Ads are in the Civ III demogame forum and
The Civ IV GD thread
I think most players from the Civ III demogame are all demogame'd out at the moment, so I won't bump that thread.
Speaking of that, the cIV ad thread needs bumping.

I've never played democracy game before and would be interested in trying it out. I'm an emperor level player.

Is there some thread that describes what a demo game is about and how it works?

Here is a thread that might help. Of course, many things would be removed/changed/added because of the different civ game, but that would be very similar. Speaking of civ III demogames, we might wait until the current demogame ends so that all the elite demogamers have time to play.

OK, thanks... I'll check in periodically to see when things are ready to get moving, then.
Thanks!

No idea what demo game is but am interested.
will do what kcd swede said.

edit: monarch/emporer level

I'm new at this forum, but have been playing CIV for many years and also would like to try a DemoGame.

I'm new around here, and I'm not super-awesome at Civ, but this looks like a fun way to jump in with both feet, and would probably help me learn/improve my game. I don't think I know where my old Civ III disks are anymore, so I can only participate in a Civ IV game.

I'm a longtime reader, but 1st time poster. I definately would be interested in joining. I would love to have a position as a Governor or something military related if we adopt the format you linked.

Played before, would be glad to play again. I'm in for this round.

I would like to play if the game hasn't already started
I play on Monarch and Emperor but I have never played a demogame before

I am interested in playing, especially the Fgame style. Will there be teams or will the game just be against AI?

I am currently participating in the Civ IV MTDG so I have some experience with demogames. I have some thoughts on what works/does not... Whenever you are ready just feel free to PM me if interested.

Yeah, just against the AI. We'll decide on government forms and RPG material and all that stuff when we get started.
But I'd say we've got enough for a demogame, I'll PM Thunderfall right now.

Top Bottom