Civ not starting up

I know there are lots of threads on this but basically Civilization 5 is not starting up even after the hotfix. I have tried to vertify the game cache and this hasn't done much and neither has reinstalling the game.

I attached my dxdiag, I have a radeon ati 5600 video card thats updated to the current date. I can attach the crash files too if that helps and I don't know if this is more helpful to post on the Firaxis forums.

Another question I would have is has anyone with a video card similar gotten the game to work?

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help. I don't know if my problem is expected to be fixed in future patches or if there is something not-updated or wrong with my system.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 46
At which point exactly does it crash?
Theoretically there should be a later driver for your card (which is a 57, not a 56), please check that again.

Oh I apoligize it is a 57 wasn't paying attention :), I updated by using steams automatic driver update option.

And it plays the beginning credits (I turned the movie off) so it then goes to the loading screen in which it shows the painted pictures of the various wonders and such which is when it crashes without even getting to the user agreement page.

Ok ya updated it manually, same problem. Would a new dxdiag help?

EDIT: Ok finally got it too work. I'm not sure why all I can say is I both updated my Radeon ATI 5700 (to the beta version manually) and updated windows. So I hope that helps whomever it may concern.

And Thank You The_J, manually checking the update helped me find the beta update not sure if thats what fixed it but its a pretty good chance it is :) !

Top Bottom