Civ Player Nationality

Another Canuck here, but with a bit of Louis' people, and some of Sitting Bull's in my veins.

The question was specifically about nationality so.... so.... so... (pops blood vessel in brain) ... american I guess.

Man that's the last thing any Canadian wants to say.

I am a proud member of Her most Brittanic Majestys United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, the English bit.

UP THE QUEEN!

Love the sig, Pendragon65. Jolly good show.

American. I think maybe the reason some of my compatriots above started listing mongrel ancestry instead of nationality is because America in Civ is just cognitive dissonance in pixels. I mean, the country didn't even exist as an English colony before the 17th century fergodsake, and there's this Yank in a mammoth skin wandering around the prehistoric world with a club. (Come on, even in stereotypes we may be like that culturally, but not technologically.) :lol:

(Also New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Atlanta are all older than Washington, not vice-versa. But that's nitpicking.)

Canadians are English, of course, or rather they're a liberated English vassal state over on the other continent, turned loose to save maintenance costs. ;) Even the Quebecois are English; ties to France are just unhappy faces wanting to rejoin the motherland in a conquered city. England never managed to completely wipe out the French civilization, you see. Your basic fell-short, failed conquest victory.

As for Australia, meh. It's one of those largish islands that's all full of barbarian towns that nobody wants to take the trouble to go grab. :mischief:

well said hammurbabble i wonder if you would all like to come back to the old Empire second thoughts i am not sure we have some room this year aw well ;) As for the French we got interrupted by a game of cricket, must get around to them:D

Hamurbabble you've summed up the French-English problem in Canada better than anyone yet. If only our PMs (prime ministers; Canada is under the representation civic) played civ it would be a much better country.

In all fairness, though we may run England's government civics, our legal, economic and religious civics are much closer to yours (to use an incredibly nerdy analogy).

Even though I am no part English (Metis with a bit of Scottish) I think its still closer to American than anything else; as much as it hurts to say it.

American, Americans.

I live in Michigan, where Canadian coins are common and to be expected amongst the change from a store, and they spend the same as American coins. Can't use them in vending machines or phones, though. I remember traveling to another state one time when I was young, and getting a hassle about "foreign currency" - it took me a minute to get what they meant, since it's not foreign to us in Michigan. =)
Amy

well said hammurbabble i wonder if you would all like to come back to the old Empire second thoughts i am not sure we have some room this year aw well ;) As for the French we got interrupted by a game of cricket, must get around to them:D

A Devon border post, eh. If it's on our border, i'd suggest you keep your
powder dry, old boy.:rolleyes:

American, Americans.

I live in Michigan, where Canadian coins are common and to be expected amongst the change from a store, and they spend the same as American coins. Can't use them in vending machines or phones, though. I remember traveling to another state one time when I was young, and getting a hassle about "foreign currency" - it took me a minute to get what they meant, since it's not foreign to us in Michigan. =)
Amy

Bloody heathens! Tell them its worth more than U.S. money.
Not true, but they might believe you.:lol:

American, so American civ (even though i haven't actually played it) with English and Irish (Celt) ancestry and I like to travel in Quebec (and other parts of easter Canada, where i allegedly have distant relatives).

Hamurbabble you've summed up the French-English problem in Canada better than anyone yet. If only our PMs (prime ministers; Canada is under the representation civic) played civ it would be a much better country.

It wasn't a good summary at all, but going into further details on this topic is a very slippery slope that is bound to go somewhere we don't want it to, so let's just not.

Top Bottom