Civ(s) u always been nice to..

To Persia, Ottos, and Babylon ...cuz I'm always one of them

Connor - Oh wow. I guess I've had unusual games so far. India has seemed fairly pacifistic to me, and I figured that was fitting for a nation lead by Ghandi, so it kind of stuck in my mind. I guess I haven't seen his true colors yet!

One of the ways I get a feel for how aggressive opponents are is when they try to demand a technology from me, and I refuse, whether or not they declare war.

I'm nice to every civ till I feel the need to expand or they ROP-rape me. In my last Monarch game, I got ROP-raped by Persia, Ottomans and Babylon but fortunately not all at the same time. I always have a ROP deal with every civ in hopes of not getting sneak attacked and as I said, it doesn't always work.

I treat every civ the same in the beginning and don't give a particular civ any special treatment. As one of the posters said, they all have to go sooner or later.

I never carry my affection for or against any civ across games.
"You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very personal." - Sonny Corleone :)

Spain and Carthage are the only ones left I haven't gone to war with yet, but I'm sure I will eventually... Besides that Joan is usually friendliest.

I'm nice to everyone until they're not nice to me or if they get too greedy.

In my present DYP game, I share a continent with the Arabs. I made a trade with him, two of my luxuries for one of his. When the deal expired, he wanted both of my luxuries plus a tech plus 20 gpt. He didn't seem to realize that him losing two luxuries was going to hurt him more than me losing one. A couple of his cities are in unrest. Oh well. Also the French were quite happy to trade furs for my jewels. Now the Arabs aren't going to get anything from me except grief!

I am nice to few civs. Most, I backstab and destroy at every chance I get. However, there are some civs I am especially fond of warring against...

Originally posted by civrules
I am always nice to Greece because they are always in the #2 rank. :D

Odd, Greece is usually at the bottom of the barrel in my games....

In anycase, I usually treat the civs with higher ranks better than those at the bottom

I try to pacify most of the other civs until I need something from them (usually their land). I find the commercial civs are nice to me if I maintain friendly relations with them. I like selling them techs, maps, and luxuries as they can usually pay more (they have more cash on hand than most of the other civs). Aside from that, I like to kill 'em all.

Originally posted by cookie_monster
Im nice to Spain cos she´s a babe!!

Spain always gets mad at me for nothing and whenever I try to be nice they always declare war or whenever I go to war with someone else they get pissed... ;)

I'm always nice to the civy right next door. I usually end up sharing the largest border with them, and it makes me uneasy to have so many enemy units near my cities.

"Which painting would I save if the national gallery caught on fire? Why, the one closest to the exit, of course." :mischief:
-Some Dude who is obviously smart. Or smartly obvious.

Always be nice towards the civs that border the civs that border you. That way when it's time to expand you will have an ally and will force the enemy into a two front war. Once they're cut off from their resources they have no chance of surviving this.:beer:

Actually, jidosh was saying be nice to your neighbor's neighbor so you can squish your neighbor

:ar15: :( :ripper:

I think this is an extremely evil strategy :satan:

And I like it :thumbsup:

But will it work? Of course it will!!! :D Consider this:
Even if you are not nice to your neighbors neighbor once you declare war on your neighbor then your neighbors neighbor will declare war on your neighbor-if you ask them to. The only case where your neighbors neighbor will not declare war on your neighbor will be if your neighbors neighbor is trading or have some other treaties with your neighbor. So the fact is that you do not need to be nice to your neighbors neighbor in order for your neighbors neighbor to declare war on your neighbor. It is all about diplomacy.

There you have it. :D

It depends on how I'm doing. If I'm keeping up and have a well-equipped military, I usually support an underdog about to go to war with a bigger civ. I'd much rather be in the Modern Age with Mahatma Ghandi tucked away on some island that gained three cities during a war, than Gengis Khan, great warmonger on the mainland who just conquered India with my help. If I'm losing horribly, I'll be nice to the biggest civ when they go to war with the weakest (or when I play, second weakest.)

I live by the rule, Either be your master's sword or let your slave be your shield. For swords steal the glory and shields take the blow! -My quote

although im usually the one that conquers all :mischief: im always reasonably nice to Korea. mostly because i cant stand conquering my own country and heritage...:cry:

Originally posted by Yeti
India has seemed fairly pacifistic to me, and I figured that was fitting for a nation lead by Ghandi

I wish that was the case for me. In my latest game, Gandhi nuked me and brought me down from 20 cities to 3. That was when I quit. Nothing could stop his horde of ICBMs and MAs...

@Beanzy: Ghandi!!? i never thought he'd do that... he must have lost his marbles. ghandi's usually the one who gets beat up and tossed aside...

Top Bottom