Civ Specific Camouflage?

Level

Prince
Using different palettes is it possible to have civ specific camouflage?
Russia has snow, Egypt has desert, Aztech has jungle, ect.

Or how about logos?
Russia has a red star, Germany has the iron cross, japan has a red sun, ect.

Iv'e been putting red (civ coloured) stars on my russian tanks and when I redo my german units (stuka and king tiger) for my mod, I'm going to give them civ coloured ares (with grey as thier colour, germany can have grey coloured camo. If other civs, use german designed units; Roumanian cavalry, Finnish panzers etc.. they can have other coloured patches; dark red, white etc..)

In the txt explaining the improvemnts to the latest patch it said that all the civ colours would be better suported (it used to be that using any colour other than the first 16 or so would cause the game to crash) I have not tried this myself yet, but the later colours 20+ have good potential as camoflage colours.
It would be necicary to actualy find out what colour each nation used for its uniform camo colour circa WWI/WWII

Of course this would only work if you were producing the units specificly for a mod (the reason why I have delayed the release of my light and heavy civ coloured tanks) otherwise you get pink french tanks and bright green greek tanks.

In the palettes there are civ specific colors that are not red, blue, pink, ect. i changed one of them so it was red in one and tan in all the rest.
If this works right you could have it so olny Russia has a star.

I made a test to see what I could do.
This works in FLICster I do not know if it works in Civ3.
Back up your ...Civilization III\Art\units\Palettes folder
Unzip this into the ...Civilization III\Art\units\Palettes folder
open the FXM in FLICster and try civ colors 4,5,6,9

Any ideas?

If this does work, one of the things it could be used for is Civ (global culture group) specific skin colour; With just one set of units, you could have red skinned Americans, white skinned Europeans, Black scinned aficans ETC..
I think mabee firaxis actualy intended to do this (it seens such an obvious thing to do with palettes) the only reasons I can think of that they didn't is because of "political" issues or because if people used custon civ colours they would have to change the Custom skin colours also very complicated. :D

Top Bottom