1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Splitting

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by djb13, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

The idea has a good feel to it, but there's several problems.

If half of the soldiers are ejected and the rebels stay in, that means the rebels have the advantage, and that sounds more like a military coup than anything.

I think just taking the stability thing from RFC and comibing it with Revolution would be simplier and more fun.

What Scilly Guy said, I like his idea. If a king dies with no heir, than there might be a small civil war. If a dictator dies, than there'll be a LOT of problems.

Also, with the princess thing, I like it =P. Also, If two nations become friendly enough with each other, they could combine their kingdoms, like in Permanent alliances.

2. Scilly_guy

Scilly_guy Chieftain

Ok well I was just referencing another game not making a suggestion for civ.

3. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Yeah, but it was worth suggesting =P. It kinda reminded me of Total War and I got excited for remembering:lol:

4. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

I'm not sure if the system you suggested is best, but civil wars should be in civ5.

5. qoou

qoou Chieftain

The Greeks were split for most of antiquity, were then briefly united by Philip, and were then united by the Romans. The Mayans had always been split: there was no Mayan state, just a lot of Mayan city-states and until the Spanish came along and killed most Mayans with their diseases, no one could unite all of them.

6. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

I had an idea that when you first started settling, you would only found city states. You couldn't directly control their production, but they would generally fight along your side against foreign enemies and research the same goal, but that wouldn't stop them from warring with each other! Vassalage would automatically unite all the city states involved. Unfortunately, I have no idea how they would make this fun, but the people at Firaxis are geniuses, so they can figure it out. Perhaps it could be an option at the beginning of the game.

7. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

OK on the way, but on the fundamentals, aka rebellion, i have the answer: make it happen so often that it is a part of the game.

8. amazingorange

amazingorange Chieftain

Im not sure if any body said this already but I thought the game started in 4000 BC, not 5000. Unless you guys are just saying it should start in 5000 BC in civ5, but whatever.

9. buffalo6542

buffalo6542 Nuke Maniac

Adding to your idea, the administrative centers should become more expensive as more are built. and they should be suggested to be in centralized locations.

And you should be able to group cities together to form States or provinces.

----------------
    Now playing: Pink Floyd - Us And Them
    via FoxyTunes