Civ V coming to Steam Workshop

Of course this isn't the SDK. No one cares about stuff like this when it isn't an improvement but just a new coat of paint on a broken piece of furniture.

Of course this isn't the SDK. No one cares about stuff like this when it isn't an improvement but just a new coat of paint on a broken piece of furniture.

Now now, no need to make this thread into another "oh, but the game is broken anyways" thread.

Ha. I think this is potentially a great idea for those who love the game and want to test out new mods but don't know where to begin. (like myself)
No "broken" complaints here :p

I think steam workshop will be a great addition to the game, it will make everything easier.
Maybe now i'll start playing with some big mods :p

Not sure if anyone else has posted this but There's an update to the expansion. 2K is making CIV and the Gods and Kings Expansion workable in SteamWorks.

By Greg Laabs said:
As a huge long-time fan of the Civilization modding community, it brings me quite a bit of joy to announce that Civilization V is coming to the Steam Workshop!

When Civilization V released nearly 2 years ago, it included a feature that allowed players to browse a list of community-created mods and install them directly inside the game. With the Gods & Kings expansion pack on the horizon, we've decided to go a step further and overhaul the system to use Steam Workshop (and yes, this will be for the base game as well, not just the expansion!)

Never used Steam Workshop before? Here are the improvements it has over the current system:

• Don't want to fire up the game to see what mods are available? No problem. Browse mods either in-game or on the Steam Workshop website.

• Find a mod that you really like, and want to see what else the author has made? Check out the author's personal Workshop to see everything he or she has made. You can even "Follow" authors to keep track of their future mods.

• Found a perfect combination of mods that work well together and want to tell others about it? Create a "Collection" and share it with your friends.

• Like the idea of a mod, but don't want to necessarily install it right now? Add it to your favorites and you'll be able to keep track of it without installing.

• Love a mod and want others to know? Comment directly on the mod in the Workshop.

I'll be posting a forum thread on our official forums next week with more details about what this switch means to mod authors, as well as information on how mod authors can get early access to the patch and Workshop to start getting your mods on the new Workshop!

Please let us know your questions and comments. You can do so on the official forums, our Facebook page, or over on Twitter.

I wonder if you can have "inactive" mods, or if your only choice to disable mods is to delete them and re-download when if you want to re-activate them? I guess that will fix the bugs with the current mod system where inactive mods will screw up active ones though...

I wonder if you can have "inactive" mods, or if your only choice to disable mods is to delete them and re-download when if you want to re-activate them? I guess that will fix the bugs with the current mod system where inactive mods will screw up active ones though...

I'm pretty sure the ability to activate and deactivate is still going to be available in the game Mod menu.

Top Bottom