Civ V Soundtrack (specifically Europe. Elizabeth: War)

maggotman

And Then Bender Ran.
Hey everybody

I *finally* broke down and opened up my Civ 5 Collectors Edition soundtrack. What an amazing compilation - so much music that I haven't heard while playing! (guess I would finally have to stop playing as the Romans to get that music going.)

What really blew me away is the track Elizabeth: War. The drums and flutes - man, that is music to go to WAR to! Been playing that one track almost nonstop while "taking care of business" against the other Civ's. Definitely has a real feel to it - like the march of the Ents in LotR's, Riders of Doom from Conan, etc.

I have quite a few soundtracks to my favorite games, notably Total Annihilation, Diablo (any version), Dune 2000, Simcity, Skyrim - all great music to game to.

So to get to the point - who out there likes that Elizabeth: War track and can make a recommendation to comparable music? Anybody? It doesn't even have to be game music. The dark feel and sense of huge armies in that track is just freaking awesome. :cool:

I'm a bit of a nut for medieval music too - any thoughts on those?

Elizabeth's war theme is definitely a fan favorite. The Civ5 team did a great job with the music all around, IMHO.

I think the current favorite, however, is the war samba of Brazil. I once DoWed them just to hear it play. haha.

Music is generally good in Civ 5. Especially leader's themes.

Among non-leader soundtracks, I love "Ellipse", a soundtrack that plays for Western civs when they're at war.

The English war theme is quite probably the best piece of music in the game; I get the same mental picture of armies marching when I hear it. Otherwise, both Arabian themes (you can hear the glory of the Caliphate in those pieces), Sweden's peace, and Brazil's war are great, too.

Now, for similar music...have you heard any of the stuff from Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings II? Both of those games have soundtracks you'd probably like.

I absolutely love the English War Theme. It is an absolute master-piece easily the best piece of music of all civ games. I also am quite fond of the Polynesian, Celtic, Arabian, & Swedish peace themes. Brazilian, Zulu, Arabian, Songhai, & Aztec war themes I am also quite find of.
You should consider checking out the EU4 & CK2 music.

I actually think Portugal's themes are great, too. With Polynesia some of my favorites, although Russia makes for a fantastic atmosphere as well. They really can inspire your imagination.

Some really great suggestions here. I'll check out CK2 for sure. The HoM&M series has great music too. Europa Universalis IV? Never even heard of that one, will definitely add to my list.

Nice to know I'm not the only guy out there who thought the soundtrack is fantastic! :)

I have quite a few soundtracks to my favorite games, notably Total Annihilation
Wow, and here I thought I may have been the only person in the world to play that game :p

Total Annihilation... now those are some awesome memories. Great soundtrack too, the calm, almost foreboding building themes and the frantic battle themes, there may have only been a few of each but I gladly listened to them for hours on end :)

Top Bottom