Civ VI Anthology

First of all I'm not convinced this means a big patch is incoming. But there's hope nevertheless.

Secondly for me that (finally) means Civ6 is done. (no crying smiley available or am I just blind?). Which does not come unexpected but nevertheless is a pity!

But what would be huge Bugfixes anyway? For me it would be :
- fixing Pathfinding of Units,
- fixing The Graphic Bug of Floods/Volcano Animations not working and Units sometimes having weird Skins.
- removing the Asset limit that makes it impossible to use Heavy Asset Mods together (even with some DLCs disabled),
- And last but not least, making bigger than Huge Maps work again...

Hmmh, a rather "strange" Choice for big Bugfixes, no?
My top 4 would be:
- First and foremost it would be great if the AI stays active throughout the game, not sitting idle for some part of it. Especially building infrastructure and not being in a love fest all of the time from everybody would be helpful, too.
- repair trading and value certain resources - has been improved but still far too good for the human player
- improve naval combat as advertised for the latest patch. Personally nothing much changed on that front for me.
- Pathfinding is a major issue still after all these years. I agree on that one.

I do not expect this to get addressed ever. But this would be top tier!
Still a great game, though...

Here's the new trailer for your enjoyment.

Looking at it in Steam...do you not get the persona placks with it?
Well if you buy the NFP in whole you get the persona packs. I would assume if you buy the anthology edition, you buy the NFP in whole, it would include Rough Rider Teddy and Magnificent Catherine. But that would be a good question to ask.

I'm still waiting on the AI patch, so that the AI can play the game.

The really sad thing is that this post isn’t ironic.

How do you come to that conclusion please?
I see nothing in that about bugfixes....it looks like a way to punish early adopters of the NFP by wrapping it all into a bundle & flogging it off at a huge discount to me.

To be fair, this ALWAYS happens with games.

Hmmh, a rather "strange" Choice for big Bugfixes, no?
My top 4 would be:
- First and foremost it would be great if the AI stays active throughout the game, not sitting idle for some part of it. Especially building infrastructure and not being in a love fest all of the time from everybody would be helpful, too.
- repair trading and value certain resources - has been improved but still far too good for the human player
- improve naval combat as advertised for the latest patch. Personally nothing much changed on that front for me.
- Pathfinding is a major issue still after all these years. I agree on that one.
Well, they are the most things that annoy me personally, especially the Asset Limit that affects Mods (can't play the Game without Mods), and they are all technically "Bugs", things that weren't inteded to happen (or used to work but got broken), and expected to be fixed (the larger Maps Issue not so much, as it doesn't affect the Civ VI large Map size. But it used to work until GS broke it, so it falls into the Bug Pocket).

I would like to see your Listing choices getting approved/fixed by FXS, but I wouldn't call the first 3 Bugs. They fall rather under the Balance/polish and (AI) Improvement Section. Because the AI (speaking from my POV ofc) was never intended/properly coded to stay active and engaging throughout the whole Game, and the AI Naval Combat was never good, so we can't call them Bugs.

I'm saying that because at this point, if there isn't going to be any more content for Civ VI, I can't see FXS making a Balance/Polish/Improvement Patch (although I'm hoping for one), but a Bugfix Update is very likely, because they even didn't fix the Bugs introduced with NFP, and those are expected to be fixed.

That's the only person from in-game that it looks like, but it's a bit of a strange choice, don't you think? Rather than choosing another leader, they choose a single, unvoiced unit from an optional gamemode. I understand all the NFP content is bundled with this, but it's still an odd choice...

We can't cap off a series anymore without token queer-baiting.

(which, I am all for, but the absence of Gilgamesh is unacceptable)

I had a game where it was me and Gilgabro vs the world (literally)

Then he hit a dark age

And the loyalty mechanics had his cities flip to me one by one

I KILLED MY BROTHER

Steam awards the 'Mark of Cain' achievement.
Also, something clicks inside the game and Skynet level AI is unlocked...
:)

Reactions: PiR
Anthology doesn’t contain Persona Packs. I feel cheated - this is NOT a complete experience.
Any suggestions on how to oficially complain to Firaxis about that?
I didn’t expect such a dick move after a great NFP experience.

Anthology doesn’t contain Persona Packs. I feel cheated - this is NOT a complete experience.
Any suggestions on how to oficially complain to Firaxis about that?
I didn’t expect such a dick move after a great NFP experience.
Have you bought it, or are you interpreting from the listing?

But yeah, if they don't include the personas, I probably won't buy it. I don't want to have to disable them on the Switch just so I can play it on PC as well. If they say it's the complete experience, then it has to include everything..

Top Bottom