Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

I made this video while waiting for GS to be released shortly after playing an India game. The image is from a Star Trek Voyager episode in which Kes walks in during a holodeck computer malfunction to find an out of control Gandhi. I then stumbled on the very 1st image published in this thread (see spoiler), LOL.
Spoiler Image #1 from Funny/Strange Screenshots :
289070_screenshots_20161023215335_1.jpg

*Apologies to anyone too young to know of the US Elvis sightings hysteria or doesn't know Star Trek. You guys should essentially just ignore this. Or the 70's band Led Zeppelin for that matter.

Edit: I wonder if the Gandhi sighting on Voyager's holodeck was inspired by the original Civ1 Gandhi malfunction?

Last edited:
No mountain shores for the Golden Gate bridge.

Golden Gate 2.png

I'm more fascinated by that trio of hot springs!

7 adjacency bonus from the start ftw. Hah, just noticed Amerika let his geothermal sink. There is another one to the SE of my campus there.

Bridge finished and it is actually connecting two different landmasses, brings a tear to my eye.

Golden Gate 3.png

7 adjacency bonus from the start ftw. Hah, just noticed Amerika let his geothermal sink. There is another one to the SE of my campus there.

Bridge finished and it is actually connecting two different landmasses, brings a tear to my eye.

View attachment 521508
Oh that's beautiful, Tech

Europe, 2049
Clipboard-4.jpg

Just testing dramatic flooding ("lowlands follow flat lands" option in YnAMP) to see if some crashes on water rising turns were caused by YnAMP maps creation code or by the larger sizes. Got my answer: flooding works perfectly fine when the size is reduced...

But I may have to add some checks to protect natural wonders...
Spoiler Canals ? What for ? :
Clipboard-5.jpg

Spoiler Goblupstan :
Clipboard-6.jpg

Spoiler Vesuvius Bay :
Clipboard-7.jpg

Europe, 2049
View attachment 521521

Just testing dramatic flooding ("lowlands follow flat lands" option in YnAMP) to see if some crashes on water rising turns were caused by YnAMP maps creation code or by the larger sizes. Got my answer: flooding works perfectly fine when the size is reduced...

Spoiler Goblupstan :

Spoiler Vesuvius Bay :

1. AWESOME, I recently downloaded the "inland flooding" mod and was disappointed to see why it didn't work with your map (wanted to see how floody it woudl get, turns out, you're already ahead of the curve!)

The mod itself just makes a check to prevent Natural Wonders from being marked as "floodable" along with hills and few other things.

Have you added Reefs yet btw?

"A Man A Twisted Plan"

Here's another strange layout for the Panama Canal wonder. It's a little hard to see, but it passes over the St. Laurence river twice before reaching the lake.

I was trying to get the "A Man A Plan A Canal Panama" achievement and this location looked good. I expected to route it across the three tiles highlighted in red. Unfortunately, I think the reef in the lower body of water messed up that plan, but this bizarre arrangement was offered as an alternative.

Got the achievement, but that's one weird waterway.

Got the achievement, but that's one weird waterway

Actually canals are used to speed up travel times on meandering rivers.

Europe, 2049
View attachment 521521

Spoiler Goblupstan :

Spoiler Vesuvius Bay :
Can you please tell me what you're using/map settings and mods? I really want to try this :p

Can you please tell me what you're using/map settings and mods? I really want to try this :p
YnAMP, with those settings:
Clipboard-9.jpg

Don't play the Giant Earth at full size, it will crash in late game as GS patch has reduced a lot stability for maps larger than vanilla.

Use a map section like "Europe", or a smaller map that still in the range of the vanilla sizes (like the "Greatest Earth Map" or the Europe maps)

Note that this is experimental, and not balanced at all (for with barrier costs for example, which are not able to protect inland tiles on top of that)

Well, now Petra only improves 3 tiles instead of 8 ;)

Yeah, in my current game I have a Petra city and Nazca allies, and it's an interesting puzzle where to place the lines to maximize things. Adding the extra line is great to boost the 2-3 remaining tiles around it, but you lose the bonus individually. For example, the bonus straight right of the Oasis is only boosting one tile right now, so I'd rather remove the lines there, you lose 1/1/1 from the Oasis, but you open up a 4f/3p/2f/2g tile if my math is right.

Top Bottom