1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Till Amani's Loyalty promotion is capable of flipping distant cities to your control if they're Independent.

2. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Scout discovering the Mayan Observatory adjacency heaven...

ObservatorySpot.jpg

Spoiler :
    ...which leaves his Queen Kristina fairly cold :nono:

3. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Corn is for farms unfortunately.

4. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I know, but still that place would easily allow a +6 Observatory (city center + another district on the non-ressource tiles) at least.

Tech Osen likes this.
  5. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Diplomacy in civ 6 taken to another level:

(Picture from reddit)

Really bad that declaring war on barbs doesn't generate any grievances. The poor guys don't even have cities...

6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

At least we now know what the Barbarians' Civ icon is (horned helmet).

Guandao and Hakan-i Cihan like this.
  7. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Go into the Bermuda Triangle they said...it'd be fun they said... :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Bermuda Triangle.jpg

8. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I feel like one could make entire collection of poor ships getting stranded into the embrace of icebergs via Bermuda Trollangle.

Guandao, Eurritz, Kimiimaro and 6 others like this.
  9. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Make sure your ships sent into the Bermuda Triangle are at full strength... so you can delete them if you get them stuck somewhere (since you cannot delete damaged units). :nuke:

10. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

I don't know how but for some reason the last great prophet wasn't taken so I built some Holy Sites and got him in the atomic era.

Spoiler Atomic Era Religon :
    Atomic Religon.png

Since I was pretty close to a science victory there was only one name that would be appropriate.

Spoiler Space Butterfly :
    Space Butterfly.png

11. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

925 DF and +25 DF per Turn.
    Your enemies should get Casus Belli against you If you ever ruin that beautiful shape of number If you ever use such amount of DF that isn't divisible by 25.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already ruined it in the second image, I hope you lost that game.

God of Kings and SammyKhalifa like this.
  12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Known in French as <<Papillon de l'espace>>.

13. Potworny

Potworny Warlord

Spoiler Kristina's book :
    greek_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1.png

The pages of Kristina's book are actually fully textured. The text is legible, it's English transliterated into slightly modified Greek alphabet. Sic erat scriptum:

This is gibberish. It's late at night and I just got back from a fantastic trip to ROME: Things are starting to look up. As far as what would make me happy for the rest of my days, I think becoming my own boss is the ticket!
    One step at a time. Keep the end in mind! The things I'd like to do are too many to keep up with. I know I need to get off my ass and just make the damn ART!
    Maybe I'm just tired of the same old thing. I need to get my ideas out even if they aren't in the best shape. I think I have an angle that would work.

The first paragraph then repeats. I have no idea whether these are meant to be words from Kristina's diary or some poor artist's cry for freedom, either way I strongly relate to them.

14. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Tempting but nope.

Vulcano Start.png

15. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Not sure I get the joke. Is it that you can't reach the suggested location for settling because of water, or that it's next to the volcano?

16. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Just questioning why the game would recommend it as a suitable city location.

17. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

I guess: both?

A volcano tends to pillage nearby tiles and do some deadly stuff (even more when settling next to it). At least, you are getting increased yields around to bounce back. Not in this case: there is only 1 tile of land and coast tiles can't get fertilized. You are getting all the negatives without any positives.

Surprisingly, the game is recommanding this spot, even if there is no fresh water, few landmass nearby... Except if the game knows something we don't. But I guess we can enjoy a 4-Gold adjacency Harbor?

I would love to see volcanoes increase landmass when erupting next to coast.

Sidenote: Beautiful wildfire.
    Spoiler :

I can't get my hand on the screenshot, sadly.
    When I was circumvating the globe with my Caravel and while I was getting chased by a relentless horde of andeans naval barbarians, the game suddenly get me visibility about a wildfire. If you watch closely, I should not have any visibility at all (behind a hill / mountain while being in a flat ocean tile). As if the game was telling me: Look at this! Look it. Isn't this wonderful? The amazonian rainforest is burning!

And here start the Cult of the Voidsingers, and their unholy god the elder kraken from the rainforest, with its long burning tentacles of farseeing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  18. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Is that a nuclear forest fire? :shifty:

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well Kongo can't found a religion and I know for certain John Curtin and Gilgamesh are programmed to not actively pursue a religion.

20. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Well, it turned out to be a very pretty volcano. It erupted a couple of times during the game but not since I put the neighborhood there. No partisans either... :thumbsup:

Vulcano Neighborhood.png

mitsho, Jeppetto, Kimiimaro and 7 others like this.