Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Just got the strangest coincidence with awesome visual results.

Discovering the Matterhorn near a coastal tile with the FoW layer showing off the Cardinal Directions symbol neatly focusing on Harbor.
--------
Spoiler :
CoastalMatterHorn.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the strangest coincidence with awesome visual results.

Discovering the Matterhorn near a coastal tile with the FoW layer showing off the Cardinal Directions symbol neatly focusing on Harbor.
--------
That is aesthetically amazing. This is why I love the Fog of War as a map.

I have a feeling there might be some resisting Polish saboteurs still hiding in those Barracks:

I haven't yet encountered this kind of a possible bug. Have you seen a negative production from a building before? It cancels out the Water Mill, as you can see, no production from buildings. The war is already over, Poland eliminated.
This is standard size&speed Fractal map, modes used are: SS, DA and Heroes, and I'm also using two UI mods: better reports and better trade screen.

I have a feeling there might be some resisting Polish saboteurs still hiding in those Barracks:
Maybe they are Lithuanian? :mischief:

Maybe they are Lithuanian? :mischief:

In Kraków? I doubt it. Besides, Lithuania is well represented elsewhere - there's Vilnius on my border on the other side, whose troops were instrumental in the conquest of Poland ;)

What a lousy start I had, a food starved capital, my single city, boxed in by mountains and tundra, and early surprise DOW from Jadwiga, but two city states and Himiko turned the tables completely, before too long I was 5 Polish cities richer. Then King Arthur and his knights rolled all over Hojo and his Samurais. Pure bliss of a game:D

I haven't yet encountered this kind of a possible bug. Have you seen a negative production from a building before? It cancels out the Water Mill, as you can see, no production from buildings. The war is already over, Poland eliminated.
This is standard size&speed Fractal map, modes used are: SS, DA and Heroes, and I'm also using two UI mods: better reports and better trade screen.

That explains it, you're using a mode abbreviated as "SS".

Poles have no reason to be nice to SS of any kind: it's the Krakow Home Army at work . . .

Poles have no reason to be nice to SS of any kind: it's the Krakow Home Army at work . . .
The dark humor is strong with this one...

Well, I did choose Vampires, so he's kinda on the spot. What a jolly Eastern European theme park. Luckily, there's also Brazil to cheer up the mood, bad news is that now they're directly on my border, and our DoF also expired on top of that...

Well, I did choose Vampires, so he's kinda on the spot. What a jolly Eastern European theme park. Luckily, there's also Brazil to cheer up the mood, bad news is that now they're directly on my border, and our DoF also expired on top of that...

I'm glad Brazil cheers you up: Pedro in all my games has been the Vlad Tepes of the Amazon and it's never been a Good Sign when he shows up on the same continent . . .

What can I say, I'm in the middle of translating a new Russian book on the building of the defensive lines around Moscow in 1941: 15 year old girls working barefoot in the October frost while being bombed by the Luftwaffe: dark humor is the only kind available at the moment.

In Kraków? I doubt it. Besides, Lithuania is well represented elsewhere - there's Vilnius on my border on the other side, whose troops were instrumental in the conquest of Poland ;)
Well that was one union that went horribly wrong. :lol:

I'm glad Brazil cheers you up: Pedro in all my games has been the Vlad Tepes of the Amazon and it's never been a Good Sign when he shows up on the same continent . . .
I've taken to calling him Dom Satan because he's just the worst.

I find the mannerisms of Dom Pedro amusing, especially when he starts brushing the sleeves of his jacket, adjusting medals and complaining about shortages of great people in Brazil :)

Anyway, an update about Polish resistance in the Encampment. I've built an Armory, and looks like, all the buildings in that Encampment are hit by -2 production modifier. I don't think I even touched that Encampment when I was attacking the city centre. Where could this bug come from?
As this is my only Encampment so far, I'll have to build another one, all mine, and see how things are in that one.

I find the mannerisms of Dom Pedro amusing, especially when he starts brushing the sleeves of his jacket, adjusting medals and complaining about shortages of great people in Brazil :)

Anyway, an update about Polish resistance in the Encampment. I've built an Armory, and looks like, all the buildings in that Encampment are hit by -2 production modifier. I don't think I even touched that Encampment when I was attacking the city centre. Where could this bug come from?
As this is my only Encampment so far, I'll have to build another one, all mine, and see how things are in that one.

You have inadvertently exposed a hidden Pacifist Modifier in Civ VI?

You have inadvertently exposed a hidden Pacifist Modifier in Civ VI?
After further investigations I'm still leaning to the version that if anything was exposed, it was a hidden cell of recalcitrant saboteurs :)
Military Academy was also affected in the same way, so all buildings there got hit by -2 production. New Encampments I've built behaved normally, production of the buildings was as expected.

Military Academy was also affected in the same way, so all buildings there got hit by -2 production. New Encampments I've built behaved normally, production of the buildings was as expected.
Based on this, I think that the production malus on the Encampment buildings has something to do with the Praetorian Guard policy card. I believe that when you slot in that policy card, the game will give your Encampments and their buildings a +2 bonus, and when you no longer have that card, it gives said buildings a -2 malus.
My guess is that Poland previously had that card slot in, and when you conquered them and didn't have said card, the game accidentally reduced the yields of the buildings twice.

Based on this, I think that the production malus on the Encampment buildings has something to do with the Praetorian Guard policy card. I believe that when you slot in that policy card, the game will give your Encampments and their buildings a +2 bonus, and when you no longer have that card, it gives said buildings a -2 malus.
My guess is that Poland previously had that card slot in, and when you conquered them and didn't have said card, the game accidentally reduced the yields of the buildings twice.

Aha, I had that card slotted in myself, probably somewhere around that time. Thanks a lot! I’ll see if I kept a save from those turns to have a closer look.

Edit: I've found a suitable save and your guess was spot on - the culprit is Praetorian Guard, well done! In short, if you have it slotted in while you capture a city with an Encampment, the bonus doesn't get applied, and when you replace it, you get hit by a malus instead. There's a thread about that card, I'm digging it up and providing more information there.

Last edited:

Wow they are still releasing updates for Civilization 2: Test of Time, that's so nice of them :D

Top Bottom