Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

I don't quite understand; is the Drive out the Aggressors bonus coming from the GDR standing on greenery in your territory? The wording on that ability made me think it had to be one's units being positioned on greenery.

I don't quite understand; is the Drive out the Aggressors bonus coming from the GDR standing on greenery in your territory? The wording on that ability made me think it had to be one's units being positioned on greenery.
In Civ 6, battles "take place" on the tile of the unit defending, regardless of which type of attack the attacker makes.

One thing I didn't appreciate until recently about the "Nine Dragon River Delta" ability is that it nicely dovetails with "Drive Out the Aggressors" - fighting on those districts keeps her combat buff and apparently stacks with buffs to fighting in districts as well, such as garrison and urban warfare.

It's the Petra World Cup vs. Liverpool F.C.!

Liverpool (with only 4 desert tiles, flat ones at that) started building Petra next to my desert city that has Sahara el Beyda. Victoria kept on denouncing me, declaring claims to my land. This stage of sportsmanship might escalate into a war...

Edit: Actually, she just razed my city-state Nazca for no apparent reason. War it is then!

This is a continuation of my Nubia game. For retribution of razing Nazca, I expelled her to a single city. From the lack of expression and once plentiful taunts, I'd say she gave up her ambitions.

Spoiler :

Bonus:

Practically maximized Sea Petra (i.e. Mausoleum at Halicarnassus). Auckland being in the game made the yields sweeter. The Flood Barriers remind of Attack on Titans.

Spoiler :

Science Valley. The Alchemical Society is harnessing the power of Gaia herself!

Spoiler :

One thing I didn't appreciate until recently about the "Nine Dragon River Delta" ability is that it nicely dovetails with "Drive Out the Aggressors" - fighting on those districts keeps her combat buff and apparently stacks with buffs to fighting in districts as well, such as garrison and urban warfare.
They also work with Religious Units. Guerilla Religious Warfare?

They also work with Religious Units. Guerilla Religious Warfare?
I guess that makes sense. Not all foreign aggressors are military related. :shifty:

Never went for a religion or built a holy site in my Vietnam game to test it out.

I guess that makes sense. Not all foreign aggressors are military related. :shifty:

Never went for a religion or built a holy site in my Vietnam game to test it out.
Holy Sites are great for Vietnam, actually. They're the district whose buildings all unlock the fastest, which lets them take full advantage of Nine Dragon River Delta early.

Holy Sites are great for Vietnam, actually. They're the district whose buildings all unlock the fastest, which lets them take full advantage of Nine Dragon River Delta early.

I disagree. that little bit of extra science isn't going to help you. You're much better off building the Campus and Library, or you fall hopelessly behind.

As far as culture goes, the Thánh takes care of that.

The marsh bonus is the best one though, because every point of production makes a big difference. A single point of Science though? Not so much.

The Inca just denounced me for "having too many cities near mountains"

upload_2021-2-6_18-43-23.png

Wat.

It's so silly tho. Pity I had to abandon that game though. That start was so bad. So ofc, I immediately high roll this on my next game.

upload_2021-2-6_19-39-12.png

Without legendary start? :lol: I'll take playing Khmer if i get this as my starting map. Even Pietato wouldn't reroll this :mischief:

Last edited:
So it seems not only do the Taj Mahal's outer walls adapt to nearby water (there's two gaps on the right side), they also adapt to elevation... tho it looks kinda silly. You can see the walls jump up in elevation at the bottom left corner... tho i suppose that's kinda better than it looking like the newly-built wall is already getting buried under the sand dunes
20210206224046_1.jpg

So it seems not only do the Taj Mahal's outer walls adapt to nearby water (there's two gaps on the right side), they also adapt to elevation... tho it looks kinda silly. You can see the walls jump up in elevation at the bottom left corner... tho i suppose that's kinda better than it looking like the newly-built wall is already getting buried under the sand dunes
View attachment 585047
The sands of time...

View attachment 585047

Reminds me a bit of Agrabah.

Who said the new preserve district must be the end for Liang City Parks? Got them working nicely together on Madagaskar, giving two rainforest tiles each an appeal of 6 and allowing me to create a NP with 23 Tourism (interesting is also that Tsingy has the lowest appeal of the NP-diamond with only 5):

Madagaskar.jpg

View attachment 585047
It also looks like your water mill turned your bridge into a boardwalk.

What can Maui say except you're welcome? :mischief:

Top Bottom