Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

It looks like the City Placement bug.
I had one like that before the patch, so, for once, it's not a part of that bug, it's an older one.

So I recently picked up Civ 6. I've done a few starts to get myself used to the game, and now decided to do a full game as Rome. First start on Pangea, and this happens:

I started on the desert tile, lol!

At least you dont have to build a wall or worry about barbarians. Heh.

So I recently picked up Civ 6. I've done a few starts to get myself used to the game, and now decided to do a full game as Rome. First start on Pangea, and this happens:

I started on the desert tile, lol!

So how does/did the Roman UA with automatic roads to the capital work out?

Today anthropologists announced they have stumbled upon a primitive tribe which has never had any contact with the outside world. They call themselves "Romans".

The tribe has spent the last 5000 years arguing about which mountain to connect to using an aqueduct.

Then they'd send spearmen's to fight off those barbarian tanks, like in the good old days of Civ 3. :D

Well, if you want a challenge... It's pretty simple. You put your city on one of the tiles, where probably doesn't matter much, you rush Bronze Working, chop an Encampment, get some units out, conquer a city state, and then start expanding from there.

I guess that could be a viable strategy. I should maybe try it out...

Next thing that happens: He's alone on an island.

Would be funny, hah. Is that even possible on a Pangea map?

Frankly, the map generator for Civ 6 sucks really bad. Most maps are so uninspiring and dull. And 90% of Pangea or Continents maps deny you the ability to circumvent the globe because of huge icecaps. Were those things even tested? I miss the old days of when you could build a sprawling empire, and not just a few cities here and there.

At least you dont have to build a wall or worry about barbarians. Heh.

Nope. I'd just have to worry about a fiery hell of nukes... from Gandhi :D (Is that a thing in Civ 6 too like it was in Civ 5?)

So how does/did the Roman UA with automatic roads to the capital work out?

I have no idea, haven't tested it out myself. How would I even put a settler out without conquering some city?

Well, if you want a challenge... It's pretty simple. You put your city on one of the tiles, where probably doesn't matter much, you rush Bronze Working, chop an Encampment, get some units out, conquer a city state, and then start expanding from there.

That definitely would be fun... oh, and I would think Settling on the desert tile would be the logical choice.

That definitely would be fun... oh, and I would think Settling on the desert tile would be the logical choice.

I always try to settle on the most useless tile, so I can work the better ones. Is there anything I am missing with this approach?

Well, in my games (King though) it's not that I bother with ancient and classical wonders a lot (you don't have a chance to build most of them too) but the thing is, Qin ain't bothered with them either.

I had one game where he pretty much build all the wonders, and then I took them all. :D

Several possibilities, really:

Worst tile - it gets the best bump for being a city tile
Luxury - You get something of a boost from the resource, though not as much as you'd get for working it
Plains hill - extra +1 production from the very start.

Apparently open borders don't mean what they used to.

Can't find it, but I got a denouncement from Arabia, the reason given. "Because they don't like you" This a turn after meeting them.

That happens when they are building an encampment on the tile you want to move to.

I have no idea, haven't tested it out myself. (Rome's auto-road ability) How would I even put a settler out without conquering some city?

Well, to avoid going to that much trouble I guess you could always use the FireTuner to cheat in a settler for testing purposes.

For some reason, I was saying "the Tsingy Treeside Resorts". Don't ask me why, as I don't know.

Tsingy de Bemaraha is located in Madagascar, which is known for its Baobab trees. Maybe the resort is housed within these trees?

TURN 24
Turn24.png

...and even the desert lookes uninviting.. :/

Immortal , epic speed , medium map.

Top Bottom