1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI quit unexpectedly bug Mac

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Roderick Zijlstra, Feb 15, 2019.

1. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain Supporter

No problem! That link has been posted before, but with new members and other threads that bury older ones, it's always good to bring it back once in a while.

2. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

That's a very odd bug. I play Civ VI from an admin account with no problems.

jpinoniemi likes this.
  3. NorthernPalmyra

NorthernPalmyra Chieftain

Thanks to the advice I've played Civ 6 from a user account no crashes at all in a long session, thanks to jpinoniemi for all the help!

4. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain Supporter

Are you playing the Steam version or App Store version? I have the Steam version and have had no problems.

5. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Steam.

6. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

You do realise that mods need to be reinstalled after they are updated, right ?
    And that production queue mod is no longer needed, as they brought that back into the main game with gathering storm.

I also play as the admin account on the Mac App Store version, but have never had any issue with it.
    I would suggest that if you want an absolute assurance of resolving the problem, delete Civ 6 from the launchpad.
    (This removes the preferences as well as the other files associated with the app.)
    Then before you reinstall, unsubscribe from the mods if you are on steam.
    Then check the downloads section of civfanatics to see if the mods have been updated before you install them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2019