Civ VI quit unexpectedly bug Mac

That's a very odd bug. I play Civ VI from an admin account with no problems.

Thanks to the advice I've played Civ 6 from a user account no crashes at all in a long session, thanks to jpinoniemi for all the help!

I am having the same issues... My theory is that the crashing has something to do with mods that I have installed while playing rise and fall... The only issue is I don't remember where I installed the mods... Has anyone tried to uninstall all the mods and rerun the game?

You do realise that mods need to be reinstalled after they are updated, right ?
And that production queue mod is no longer needed, as they brought that back into the main game with gathering storm.

You do realise that mods need to be reinstalled after they are updated, right ?
And that production queue mod is no longer needed, as they brought that back into the main game with gathering storm.

I also play as the admin account on the Mac App Store version, but have never had any issue with it.
I would suggest that if you want an absolute assurance of resolving the problem, delete Civ 6 from the launchpad.
(This removes the preferences as well as the other files associated with the app.)
Then before you reinstall, unsubscribe from the mods if you are on steam.
Then check the downloads section of civfanatics to see if the mods have been updated before you install them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom