1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ X or Civ 6 ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Rvil Plum, Oct 6, 2012.

1. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Currently, I play a little civ IV, no civ V, and a lot of:

Madden 2013
    DOTA 2 (Just got into this)
    L4D2
    Halo 4
    Dark Souls

Well, I've always been a multi-genre gamer at heart. I was practically god-mode in SNES super bomberman, beating high school kids known for being good gamers in the neighborhood when I was in 2nd/3rd grade :).

2. HorribleHarald

HorribleHarald Warlord

I don't play Civ V because then I have to use Steam and I hate Steam.

3. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

I got fssss Steam Hate.

I got fssss Steam Hate.

I got fssss Steam Hate.

4. Nicol.Bolas

Nicol.Bolas Prince

i play civ 6 its epic.

dont worry i get banned on civ 5 forum all the time, even if I politely ask, whether the AI understands the hexagons yet or not and whether science slider and other micromanagement was out back into the game

5. Nicol.Bolas

Nicol.Bolas Prince

hmm interesting I will check sons of solar empire.

I have europa universalis but I dont understand that game....
    i wanted to play as native indians and was unable to finish a lone tech, army or movement in the -whole- game

as if you started civ IV game and did everything proparly, but it would say: metal casting: 450 turns, warrior: 300 turns.

then i tried to play france which was supposed to be a superpower, and that would be as if each city you catured immediately culture flipped back after capture

so again, the wholoe game passed, where my cities would be captured and flipped back and enemy cities the same, at end of the game, the map was exactly the same....

the one cool feature is to see how the kings change along with their bonuses....

but maybe i ust didnt understand it, or maybe its not for me

6. gps

gps King

Yes, it feels quite strange to play a lesser power and nothing happening the whole game. I am also a bit disappointed that even after 7 or so years there is still a lot of stuff seemingly not properly working, and a lot of changing of game mechanics and rebalancing going on in the 5.2 beta. And with EU4 allready in development, this seems to be the final incarnation...
    Maybe it's just a bit too complex to get everything balanced and working, but for me Civ IV with Mods like RFC, RFC Europe and Sword of Islam seem to be the better choice if I want to play a game based on real world history.

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I didn't get banned from it, but the incessant spam of nonsense like:

- "herp I think the game engine runs just fine and it's not a problem to lose 90 minutes to 2 hours between/during turns hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

- "they don't need to fix cities starving themselves it's not a big deal"

- "you should be grateful that failaxis is providing so much post-release effort into improving the game to a less-beta state and adding DLC, but the way the game actually plays from a mechanical standpoint is not an issue durrrrrrrrrr".

Really put me off. Nobody was interested in a quality game, they just wanted more DLC to buy and "nice graphics". I love the clowns telling me the civ V UI is good when it takes more inputs to do something in it than games many years older, including civ IV which also has a bad UI.

I wound up sort of self-banning because I couldn't put up with the gross incompetence and sheep-like nature of much of the community.

Now I'm hearing G&K has improved performance and was looking to check it out...but civ V isn't showing up on steam for me while all of my other games are. I'm tired of the failaxis BS. All of the other titles I own in Steam actually do work; commands function consistently, I don't have to wait to do things while playing, and I can actually play them.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Don't play as the native Indians without modding the game. Though even as them, you can Westernize.

This, I don't understand. You need to diplomatically contact the nation you're fighting, and formally annex the provinces you're occupying. Or maybe you were playing a really buggy version.

9. Funky

Funky Emperor

Since you are new to Dota2, I assume there actually are several occasions in that game where you have to wait to do things... :D